Last updated August 17, 2020 9 AM EST
Health and Wellness Guidelines
The world health community continues to monitor closely the emergence of the SARS-CoV-2 virus and the disease it causes, named “coronavirus disease 2019” (COVID-19). Our goal is to maintain a safe workplace and encourage and/or adopt practices protecting the health of employees, customers, visitors or others. We also want to ensure the continuity of business operations in the event of a pandemic.
We ask all employees to cooperate in taking steps to reduce the transmission of communicable diseases in the workplace. Employees are reminded of the following:
- Stay home when you are sick. Most people with COVID-19 have mild illness and can recover at home without medical care. Do not leave your home, except to get medical care. Do not visit public areas.
- Wash your hands frequently with warm, soapy water for at least 20 seconds. This is especially important after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing; going to the bathroom; and before eating or preparing food.
- Cover your mouth with tissues whenever you sneeze, and discard used tissues in the trash.
- Avoid people who are sick with respiratory symptoms.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces every day.
Patients with coronavirus have experienced mild to severe respiratory illness with symptoms of:
- Shortness of breath
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
When to Seek Medical Attention
If you have any of these emergency warning signs* for COVID-19 get medical attention immediately:
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion or inability to arouse
- Bluish lips or face
*This list is not all inclusive. Please consult your medical provider for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning to you.
Call 911 if you have a medical emergency: Notify the operator that you have, or think you might have, COVID-19. If possible, put on a cloth face covering before medical help arrives.
The CDC has produced fact sheets describing coronavirus and what to do if you are sick with coronavirus.
All updates from the CDC can be found here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/summary.html
How to Protect Yourself Against the Spread of Coronavirus
- Wash hands properly (for at least 20 seconds-sing the “Happy Birthday” song beginning to end twice while scrubbing)
- Use hand sanitizer liberally.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol, covering all surfaces of your hands and rubbing them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid high-touch spots like railings and doorknobs (if you do touch them, wash or sanitize hands after).
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay away from people who are coughing and sneezing.