Last updated March 17, 2020 11:48 AM EST
Health and Wellness Guidelines
The world health community continues to monitor closely the emergence of the SARS-CoV-2 virus and the disease it causes, named “coronavirus disease 2019” (COVID-19). At this time, no one knows how severe this outbreak will be. Given this uncertainty, and the fact that the seasonal influenza (flu) virus is also widespread, we are taking proactive steps to address a number of business concerns. First and foremost, we want to maintain a safe workplace and encourage and/or adopt practices protecting the health of employees, customers, visitors or others. We also want to ensure the continuity of business operations in the event of a pandemic.
We ask all employees to cooperate in taking steps to reduce the transmission of communicable diseases in the workplace. Employees are reminded of the following:
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Wash your hands frequently with warm, soapy water for at least 20 seconds.
- Cover your mouth with tissues whenever you sneeze, and discard used tissues in the trash.
- Avoid people who are sick with respiratory symptoms.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces.
Patients with coronavirus have experienced mild to severe respiratory illness with symptoms of:
- Shortness of breath
The CDC has produced fact sheets describing coronavirus and what to do if you are sick with coronavirus.
All updates from the CDC can be found here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/summary.html
How to Protect Yourself Against the Spread of Coronavirus
- Wash hands properly (for at least 20 seconds-sing the “Happy Birthday” song beginning to end twice while scrubbing)
- Use hand sanitizer liberally
- Avoid high-touch spots like railings and doorknobs (if you do touch them, wash or sanitize hands after)
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Stay away from people who are coughing and sneezing