Subsidiary: T&H Services
Job Title: Warehouse Specialist Lead
Pay: $20.69/hr PLUS from $7.00- $9.20/hr Health and Welfare
Job Location: Fort Carson, CO
Labor Category: Non-Exempt
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. As a Native Alaskan, Tribally- Owned business, THTBC has a competitive edge unique in the US Federal Government contracting space, including access to US Government directed sole source contracts. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled.
SUMMARY: This position performs a variety of duties and acts as lead person in support of the Warehouse including the receipt, storage, issuance ordering and inventory of materials, supplies, tools and equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Maintain physical condition necessary for standing, climbing, stooping, kneeling or crouching for prolonged periods of time; may require lifting and carrying objects up to 75 pounds.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Receive, stock, and issue materials, supplies, tools and equipment; verify incoming shipments for appropriate quantity and quality; sign for items as appropriate.
- Compile technical data and specifications and conduct solicitation of “quick quotes” for the acquisition of materials.
- Order stock items from blanket vendors; account for and verify materials received (mark stock items as they arrive).
- Obtain and fill customer orders; deliver stock items as appropriate; answer questions on ordering procedures.
- Meet with customers to determine specifications, needs and determine quantity levels.
- Meet with vendors to resolve concerns and disputes associated with quantity, quality and delivery differences.
- Maintain computerized files; compile records and utilize computerized stock inventory system to place orders and adjust stock levels (of supply transactions).
- Assign tasks and related duties to subordinates.
- Operate appropriate equipment including a forklift, pallet jack, hand truck, cart, delivery truck, and office machines.
- Conduct and account for inventories of stock items as scheduled or required (a yearly inventory of stock items).
- Assist in determining need for and justifying new stock items.
- Maintain the warehouse in a clean, safe and orderly manner.
- Assist in providing emergency issues after normal working hours.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Modern warehousing (and purchasing) practices (procedures).
- Public purchasing practices and procedures.
- Computerized inventory practices, procedures and forms.
- Principles, practices and procedures of warehouse record keeping.
- Modern office procedures and methods.
- Occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Basic mathematical principles.
- Organize, stock and issue supplies and equipment.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Operate appropriate equipment including computer and forklift.
- Perform simple arithmetic computations.
- Work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Perform heavy manual labor.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities which may include the following:
- Walking or standing for extended periods of time
- Operating assigned equipment and vehicles
- Maintain effective audio-visual discrimination and perception needed for:
- Making observations
- Communicating with others
- Reading and writing
- Operating assigned equipment and vehicles
Must be willing and able to make themselves available: after hours, on weekends and Holidays and during inclement weather.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Work is performed in a central warehouse (storehouse) environment. Must be knowledgeable and familiar with common stock items stored in a warehouse.
EXPERIENCE: One year of inventory control experience is desirable, plus one year of competitive purchasing experience, preferably in a public organization.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Must have or be able to obtain an appropriate, valid Forklift Operator’s license
Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation. For positions requiring use of a Company and/or Customer vehicle, must have a safe driving record within the past 36 months, as defined by Company policy.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.