Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
KIRA Aviation Services LLC
Temporary Laborer Grounds Maintenance
Naval Air Station Jacksonville
Non-Exempt / Temporary
$17.20 per hour + $4.57 Health & Welfare up to 40 hours
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work: TThe primary purpose of this position is to perform various labor tasks to maintain the grounds of industrial, commercial, and public property and operate equipment in the completion of daily job duties at the Naval Air Station Jacksonville location.
- Cut grass or weeds with a mower, riding or hand, trim hedges and edges around walk, flower beds and wells, using hedge trimmers, weed eaters, clippers and edging tools
- Tie down equipment and cargo load’s on stake bed trucks and flatbed trailers
- Operate hand sweepers for sweeping roads and parking areas, etc.
- Hand weed pulling, raking, shoveling and mulching landscapes
- May drive ATV’s, Kubota’s and other small equipment or tractors
- Use hand and arm signals to direct other operators
- Utilize weed eater to cut grass or weeds in ditches, ammunition mounds, and berms with high inclines
- Frequently lift and carry lawn equipment such as weed eater and edger for long periods of time
- Rake, bag and remove leaves and other natural debris
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Experience and/or training providing the necessary knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the tasks of the position
- Some specialized experience preferred and/or formal vocational/technical training
- Experience in operating small trucks and grounds equipment
- Must possess the ability to work in a team or alone and be able to change jobs on short notice
- Ability to follow basic operation instructions
- Reliable transportation to the worksite required
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards, and standard safety practices
- Must be able to perform duties under adverse weather conditions (extreme cold / heat, etc.)
- Must be able to work alternate shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer, including weekends and holidays
- Duties will require frequent periods of sitting, standing, kneeling, walking, crouching, bending, crawling, reaching, and balancing
- Physically fit to frequently bend, stoop, and lift in awkward positions and able to lift and carry up to 60 lbs
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company-paid Short Term Disability, Basic Life, & AD&D
- Employee-paid Long Term Disability, Voluntary Life, and AD&D for Dependents
- Accrued Vacation and Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.