Subsidiary: KIRA Aviation Services
Job Title: Site Safety and Health Officer
Job Location: Parris Island & NH Beaufort, South Carolina
Labor Category: Exempt
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The primary purpose of this position is to provide effective management of the Site Safety and Health program in direct support of the Parris Island Beaufort project site.
- Responsible for spearheading the safety governance, regulatory compliance, safety program design and training.
- Work with department supervisors/managers to develop safety standards.
- Lead the Safety Committee to develop project wide safety standards that represent industry best practices and comply with applicable regulations.
- Conduct and oversee the investigation of incidents/near miss/mishap, conducts root cause analysis, completes reporting and recommendations for corrective action.
- Oversee, develop, and conduct site specific orientation and compliance safety training to include new employee orientation, initiatives, and awareness.
- Author Activity Hazard Analysis (AHA)/Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) for each definable feature of work on the project. Author and ensure compliance of the project Accident Prevention Plan/Safety and Health Plan.
- Ensure personal protective equipment (PPE) meets applicable OSHA/EPA requirements and employees are trained on proper use.
- Conduct daily walk-through of the project site(s) ensuring work is being accomplished safely and occupational health is not compromised.
- Track and review employee training records, licenses, and certifications. Analyze trends, identify, and build action plans to improve safety initiatives, and present recommendations to the Program Manager and other project site leaders.
- Oversee the system of record for all safety initiatives and reporting.
- Foster and maintain a positive safety culture for the project personnel.
- Provide regular reporting to senior management and corporate leadership regarding safety matters as appropriate.
- Must be on-site at all times when work is being performed to implement and administer the safety program and government-accepted Accident Prevention Plan.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in safety management operations providing the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the position or three (3) years’ experience if he/she possesses a Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or safety health degree. Government contracting experience preferred.
- Knowledge and familiarity with health and safety standard concepts, practices and procedures required.
- Current OSHA 30-hour construction safety class or equivalent and maintain competency through 24 hours of formal safety and health related coursework every four years.
- First Aid & CPR certified preferred.
- Working knowledge of office automation software (MS Windows, MS Office, including PowerPoint, Word, Access, and Excel) required.
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license to operate a company vehicle. Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check.
- Must be able to perform on-call duties 24/7. Must be able to work alternate shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer, to include weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods.
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds or more on a regular basis.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid Disability, Basic Life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary Life and AD&D for dependents
- Vacation, Sick Time or PTO Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.