Subsidiary: KIRA Training Services
Job Title: Site Safety & Health Officer
Job Location: Rock Island Arsenal, Rock Island, IL
Labor Category: Exempt
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
Responsible for Environmental and Safety operations of the organization.
- Studies accident hazards and health risks and recommends the necessary preventive or corrective measures and safety equipment.
- Educates personnel in existing hazards and develops safety consciousness, ensures that company is in compliance with federal, state and local laws, dealing with accident and health hazards.
- Makes periodic safety inspections and prepares reports.
- Establishes safety standard operating policies and procedures in accordance with OSHA regulations and standards.
- Maintains OSHA log and other required safety/accident record keeping requirements.
- Performs as asbestos coordinator and coordinates hazardous waste spill clean-up team.
- Serves as central point of contact for all safety related matters.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must be vaccinated in accordance with all Executive Orders, Government mandates or requirements, contractual requirements, and company policy.
- BS degree in Occupational Safety and Health or any related discipline (chemistry/biology).
- Five to eight years of HSE related experience.
- Minimum three years experience in environmental management.
- Knowledge in the following areas: OSHA standards for all safety programs: OSHA reporting; air quality, hazardous materials; industrial hygiene; pest control chemicals; HAZCOM – Right to Know; fit tests; monitoring confined space; chemical logs – reporting.
- Must have strong skills in software programs like Excel, Word, Access, Power Point, etc.
- Possess and demonstrate a courteous and positive attitude toward customers.
- Ability to follow policies, procedures, and operating instructions.
- Effective communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills including public speaking.
- Demonstrated aptitude for successful completions of assigned tasks
- Must possess strong organizational skills and a strong ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment handling multiple tasks in a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules under pressure of deadlines while maintaining acceptable performance standards.
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Duties will require frequent periods of sitting, standing, kneeling, walking, crouching, crawling, reaching, and balancing. Physically fit to bend, stoop, and lift in awkward positions and able to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Must be able to perform on-call duties when scheduled and report to work within one houre of notification.
- Must be able to work alternate shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer, to include weekends and holidays.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid Disability, Basic Life and AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary Life and AD&D for dependents
- Vacation, Sick Time and PTO Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran’s status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.