Subsidiary: KIRA Construction Management
Job Title: Senior Maintenance Engineer (SME)
Job Location: Naval Station Guantanamo Bay, Cuba – GTMO
Labor Category: Exempt – Expatriate
Clearance Requirement: Must be able to obtain required clearance
Travel Requirement: Up to 25% of the time
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
KIRA Construction Management is currently seeking a Senior Maintenance Engineer (SME) in direct support of the Port Operations Guantanamo Bay contract in Cuba.
- Supports with installation, service, and repair of electronic navigation and communication equipment onboard marine vessels.
- Supervises/performs maintenance on all engineering, deck, fire-fighting and emergency equipment.
- Perform field service for installation, troubleshooting, and repair.
- Use detailed knowledge of electronic circuitry and schematics to address a variety of technical problem.
- Responsible for communicating with management on all aspects of quality, customer feedback, product performance, etc.
- Providing quality service, coordinating with teams, and completing service reports on-time.
- Ensure compliance with company policy and best practices as well as ISO quality guidelines and procedures
- Maintain control of all equipment, tools, documentation, and materials
- Read blueprints and manuals to accurately complete assignments
- Ensure proper preparation and completion of job requirements
- Checkin/Checkout all needed parts for service
- Track and monitor vessel schedules, expenses, and time for service
- Oversee lower level staff in ensuring company and customer requirements are met.
- Must have: (1) a USCG Chief Engineer (Limited), Near Coastal license with experience in routine operation, preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance, and repairs of shipboard systems or (2) have 15 documented years of comparable experience with the maintenance and repair of shipboard systems, hull, mechanical and electrical with an emphasis on diesel engines and ABS and AWS standards.
- Must be experienced in supervising and maintaining a preventive maintenance system (PMS), documentation of machinery history, generating maintenance actions due, completed, deferred and drafting reports for accomplishment rate and hours expended along with costs associated with each vessel or equipment. The SME must be familiar with diesel inspection requirements.
- This position requires skills such as walking, running, climbing, crawling, and jumping and other similar physical activities. The worker must be able to endure extreme climate conditions and be able to work in an outdoor setting. Duties will require frequent periods of sitting, standing, kneeling, walking, crouching, crawling, reaching, and balancing. Physically fit to bend, stoop, and lift in awkward positions and able to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice.
- Must be able to perform On-call duties when scheduled and report to work within one hour of notification. Must be able to work alternate shift schedules/non-traditional hours when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer, to include weekends and holidays.
- Fast paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Must meet Base Entry requirements.
- Microsoft Office software experience (MS Windows, MS Office, including PowerPoint, Word, Access, and Excel) required.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license. Positions requires use of a Company and/or Customer vehicle. As such, must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check.
- Must possess the ability to work in a team or alone and be able to change jobs on short notice.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.