Subsidiary: KIRA Training Services LLC
Job Title: Seasonal – Grounds Maintenance Laborer
Job Location: Rock Island Arsenal, Rock Island, IL
Labor Category: Non-Exempt, Seasonal (May 1, 2022 – October 28, 2022)
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The primary purpose of this position is to perform various labor tasks to maintain the grounds of industrial, commercial, or public property at the Rock Island Arsenal, U.S. Army military installation.
- Maintain grounds of buildings, camp and picnic grounds, parks, playgrounds, greenhouses, and athletic fields and repair structures and equipment.
- Cut grass, using walking-type or riding mowers (less than 2000 lbs.), trim hedges and edges around walks, flowerbeds, and wells, using hedge trimmers, clippers, and edging tools, prunes shrubs, and trees to shape and improve growth, using shears and other hand tools, spray lawn, shrubs, and trees with fertilizer or insecticide.
- Plant grass, flowers, trees, and shrubs, watering lawn and shrubs during dry periods, using a hose or activating sprinkler system, picks up and burns or carts away leaves, paper, or other litter.
- Remove snow from walks, driveways, roads, or parking lots, using shovel and snow blower, spreads salt on walkways and other areas, repairing and painting fences, gates, benches, tables, guardrails, and outbuildings.
- Assists in repair of roads, walks, buildings, and mechanical equipment, and may clean comfort stations, offices workshop areas, and parking lots by sweeping, washing, mopping and polishing
- All other related duties as assigned.
- Experience and/or training providing the necessary knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the tasks of the position.
- Specialized experience in operating small trucks and grounds equipment preferred such as but not limited to power mower varying in size, push mowers, gas-powered weed eaters, truck under four tons, shop tractor, portable air compressor, chipper, sod cutter, emulsible tar kettles and asphalt batch mixers, cold and hot patch, all hand tools associated with grounds maintenance, concrete and asphalt repair maintenance.
- Ability to follow basic operation instructions.
- Reliable transportation to the worksite required.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards, and standard safety practices.
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license to operate company vehicle.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal background check.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to perform duties under adverse weather conditions (extreme cold / heat, etc.). Outside work in winter, summer, rain, sleet, and snow and on uneven terrain – side hills and slopes.
- Must be able to work alternate and extended shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer to include weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to perform On-call duties when necessary and report to work within the required timeframe from notification.
- Physically fit to bend, stoop, and lift in awkward positions and able to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Duties will require frequent periods of bending, stooping, squatting, crouching, and reaching above shoulder level, and kneeling. Occasionally require periods of crawling and climbing.
- Must possess the ability to work in a team or alone and be able to change jobs on short notice.
- Must be vaccinated in accordance with all Executive Orders, Government mandates or requirements, contractual requirements, and company policy.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran’s status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.