Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
KIRA Training Services
Range Control Officer – Part Time
Navy Dare, NC
Non – Exempt l CBA
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
- Maintain mission situational awareness to ensure safe range operations.
- Facilitate aviation ordnance delivery with aircrews using two-way radio equipment.
- Observe ordnance drops, obtain and record scoring information via local Mission Support Forms (MSF) (excel spreadsheet) and enter data into Target and Range Information Management System (RIMS) prior to 0900 of the next business day.
- Provide support for other facilitators in a range safety observer capacity.
- Communicate with aircrews during missions to provide information pertinent to successful mission completion including but not limited to WISS scores, range status, equipment status and environmental conditions.
- Properly control and monitor ground movement of range users, range workers, visitors and other construction support personnel as required by contract and construction schedules, into the bombing range, on and off of the impact area.
- Coordinate with FACSFAC VACAPES for daily, weekly and monthly training schedules to identify mission requirements, develop training, disseminate critical range information, resolve scheduling conflicts, solve daily user problems and resolve any issues within special use air space, ground training areas and ordnance authorization.
- Update MSF for all missions, range movement and equipment outages as necessary.
- Assist with aircraft and ship emergencies when directed by competent government authority.
- Be capable of educating and assisting government, military and civilian personnel in range operations and ensure local range regulations are adhered to when required.
- When performing work, be responsible for adhering to environmental, safety and health standards related to the activity, including the wearing of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Must cease work and notify manager of all unsafe conditions.
- Accurately document work performed in the IEMS .
- Must successfully complete all assigned training and ensure its entry into their training jacket, to include but not limited to monthly CTTR training assigned in SharePoint, government assigned in TWMS, and all other no-recurring training as assigned.
- Operate and assist with:
- Range scoring systems
- Mobile Land Target (MLT)
- Laser/threat systems
- Any other range equipment that may aid military users in proficiency, scoring and enhancement of training requirements
- May be required to travel to support other Combat Tactical Training Range (CTTR) locations nationwide.
- Shift work will be required to meet the needs of the customer and ensure mission readiness is maintained at all times and will be scheduled by the manager based on mission schedule and fleet requirements.
- Driving pickup trucks, heavy equipment, all terrain vehicles or similar vehicles in making daily rounds of equipment and performing upkeep of targets, and maintenance of the range.
- This includes general policing for cleanliness, cutting grass, preserving exposed equipment and performing gate security and maintenance. Any other duties assigned the Operations Supervisor or the Contract Site Manager.
- Any other duties assigned the Operations Supervisor or the Contract Site Manager.
- One year of experience in military or civilian Air Traffic Control, radio communications, or training range operations and maintenance.
- High School Diploma required
- Familiarity with Airspace Management/Control highly desirable.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Must maintain Job specific JQS standards of qualification to perform daily duties
- Must obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance
- Must obtain and maintain CPR/First Aid/AED certification
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis
- Must possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Must submit to laser operations ocular examination as required.
- Must submit to medical examinations pursuant to assigned job duties
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.