Subsidiary: KIRA Training Services
Job Title: Quality Control Manager
Job Location: USAF Academy, CO
Labor Category: Exempt
Clearance Requirement: Public Trust
Travel Requirement: N/A
Pay: $77,500 – $87,500
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The primary purpose of this position is to provide direction, leadership, and guidance to ensure alignment with corporate/contract quality policies, strategic objectives and organizational goals are accomplished safe, on-time and error free.
- Prepares annual budget for Quality and CI activities and operates within the budgets to meet challenging goals. Provides effective Contract review for Quality specifications and adherence prior to new contract proposals and awards, then interacts closely with customers to proactively mitigate disruptions and maintain strong working relationships.
- Champions a sustainable and robust Quality Management System that strictly complies with ISO 9001 and PWS requirements.
- Serves as a liaison for executive management for potential changes and impact on the Quality Management System.
- Generates reports on the suitability of the Quality program, manages several important cross-functional processes including, Contract Reviews, Supplier Quality, In-Process Quality Assurance, Product Testing, and quality of workmanship.
- Responsible for identifying, analyzing, and developing improvements in productivity, quality, customer relationships, and customer service.
- Educates and champions the use of LEAN and Six Sigma tools (e.g., 5S, TPM, Kaizen events, etc.) across the organization to reduce lead times, increase quality, on-time delivery, and reduce cost.
- Communicates with various Government professionals in a manner that upholds high levels of expectations.
- Serves as primary point of contact for all quality related issues to include enforcement of Quality Control Plans, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and operations related to business/ contractual processes, integration, modification, maintenance, repair, and overhaul.
- Ability to read, interpret and technically discuss drawings, specifications, regulations applicable to military and civilian applications.
- Establish processes and procedures for maintaining high standards of quality, reliability, and safety.
- Determine and enforce – through functional groups – quality requirements in accordance with real program needs; based on current regulations.
- Responsible for implementation and maintenance of the company quality system, reporting on performance of the quality system for review and as a basis for improvement of the quality system.
- Work with company management to comply with ISO 9001, and PWS contract requirements, Plans and tracks functional resources and ensures managing to budget & BOE constraints.
- Builds effective teams with strong morale.
- Communicates a clear vision to ensure line of sight to functional goals for key functional participants.
- Ensures adherence to plans and schedules; develops solutions to functional area problems and manages and directs the work of personnel assigned to the Quality Department, Work as a team with program management / project teams regarding projects, tasks, and operations.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected with minimum to no supervision, determines business function metrics and measures, and reports progress as directed.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of experience. Bachelor's degree in business administration, business management, information technology, computer technology or related field preferred.
- Candidates shall have 2+ years’ experience maintaining ISO 9001, or AS9100 and/or AS9110 Quality Management Systems as related to calibration, metrics reporting, and continuous improvement. Professional certification from American Society for Quality (ASQ) in quality management and/or quality engineering (preferred).
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certified (preferred)
- Strong professional customer service skills, including active listening, prompt service and follow up.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to work with all levels of Management and Supervisors.
- Must be able to handle sensitive information.
- Problem solving skills using Quality Assurance industry techniques, tools, and resources.
- Position requires professional interaction with suppliers, customers, and vendors. Experience conducting quality assurance (QA) surveillances or audits and techniques; analyzing data to identify negative trends; and recommending solutions for quality deficiencies in support of the overhaul, conversion or repair of ships or submarines.
- Microsoft Office software experience (MS Windows, MS Office, including PowerPoint, Word, Access, and Excel) required.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards, and standard safety practices.
- Must be able to successfully complete a National Agency Check with Inquiries (Tier 1) background check.
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check.
- Positions requires use of a Company and/or Customer vehicle.
- As such, must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy.
- Must be able to perform On-call duties when scheduled and report to work within one hour of notification.
- Must be able to work alternate shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer, to include weekends and holidays.
- Duties will require frequent periods of sitting, standing, kneeling, walking, crouching, crawling, reaching, and balancing.
- Physically fit to bend, stoop, and lift in awkward positions and able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must possess the ability to work in a team or alone and be able to change jobs on short notice.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision coverage
• Health Savings Account (HSA)
• Hospital Indemnity Plan
• Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
• Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
• Accrued vacation and sick time
• 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.