Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
KIRA Construction Management
Naval Station Guantanamo Bay, Cuba – GTMO
Exempt – Expatriate
Must be able to obtain required clearance
Up to 25% of the time
$95,000 – $110,000
*** THIS IS A FULL TIME / YEAR ROUND POSITION LOCATED IN GUANTANAMO BAY, CUBA ***
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
KIRA Construction Management is currently seeking a Project Manager to serve as the Central point of contact for overall operations, management, and administrative decisions. The Project Manager (PM) has responsibility for management and administration of a multi-discipline workforce.
Responsibilities and tasks may include some or all of the following:
- Successful technical, schedule, and cost performance per contract requirements and company policies.
- Oversight on technical, cost, and schedule performance on all mission project work orders.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the program.
- Development and implementation of management systems to assure accuracy and timeliness of technical, cost, and schedule information provided to Government.
- Serve as contractor’s primary contract manager and shall be contractor’s interface with the Government the Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR), Government management personnel, and customer agency representative.
- Interface with program’s technical, business and operations groups to ensure meeting corporate and contractual goals and requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring that a qualified docking officer is assigned and on station during the docking of any vessels.
- Lead or participate in contract negotiations.
- Coordinate commitments, prepare, review, and approve correspondence; report results/status.
- Develop program objectives, plans, schedules, budgets, directives, data requirements, status controls, assessments, and corrective actions.
- Responsible for formulating and enforcing work standards, assigning contractor schedules, reviewing work discrepancies, supervising contractor personnel, and communicating policies, purposes, and goals of the organization to subordinates.
- Required to be present under regular duties hours and available after-hours support.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
- Due to the nature of the work, all new hires must successfully complete an evaluation period of 30 days to ensure safe operations of crafts are within expected performance requirements.
- The Project Manager must have demonstrated excellent management, verbal and written communication skills.
- The Project Manager must have the equivalent of ten (10) years experience directly related to the requirements of this contract, or a Bachelor of Science Degree in Management, Marine Transportation or Engineering and the equivalent of five (5) years experience directly related to the requirements of this contract.
- Must be well versed and overall responsible for all aspects of this contract.
- Must be capable of interacting effectively with Government personnel.
- Must be able to understand and respond to their concerns in a timely manner and be proactive, actively engaged in all aspects of operations.
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice.
- May require periods of non-traditional working hours including consecutive nights or weekends when necessary.
- Fast paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Must meet Base Entry requirements.
- Microsoft Office software experience (MS Windows, MS Office, including PowerPoint, Word, Access, and Excel) required.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license. Positions requires use of a Company and/or Customer vehicle. As such, must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check.
- Must be able to perform On-call duties when scheduled and report to work within one hour of notification. Must be able to work alternate shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer, to include weekends and holidays.
- Duties will require frequent periods of sitting, standing, kneeling, walking, crouching, crawling, reaching, and balancing. Physically fit to bend, stoop, and lift in awkward positions and able to lift up to 60 lbs.
- This position requires skills such as walking, running, climbing, crawling, and jumping and other similar physical activities. The worker must be able to endure extreme climate conditions and be able to work in an outdoor setting.
- Must possess the ability to work in a team or alone and be able to change jobs on short notice.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid short term disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life, long term disability and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.