Subsidiary: KIRA Aerospace
Job Title: Mechanical Technician, Production
Job Location: Wallops Island, VA
Labor Category: Non- Exempt – Union
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: Up to 25% of the time
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The Mechanical Technician, Production will provide support to NASA’s sounding rocket experiments.
- Responsible for performing routine, non‐routine, and complex assignments involving the planning of and conducting a sounding rocket Project or support
- Responsible to apply advanced technical knowledge and experience to solve complex mechanical problems in the construction, assembly, and testing of complex projects
- Review prints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of assembly, and setup requirements
- Select, align, and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines, such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, and shapers
- Verify conformance of finished work piece to specifications using precision measuring instruments
- Fit and assemble parts into complete assemble using jigs, fixtures, surface plate, surface table, hand tools, and power tools.
- Verify dimensions and alignment of assembly using measuring instruments, such as micrometers, height gauges, and gauge blocks
- Exercise independence of technical support and utilize experience in making programming judgments.
- Frequently, engineering objectives are the only guides available
- May be required to travel to other locations to perform other tasks as may be assigned
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required
- 8 years of related experience with 6 years as a machinist, or a total of 10 years of related experience in a production machine shop environment
- Associate Degree in Mechanical Technology, or equivalent military/trade school training and required experience
- Knowledge of and skill in the use of all mechanical aspects relating to the assembly, checkout, and flight preparedness of payload, Launch Vehicle (LV), and GSE for rocket borne spaceships
- Training and Certifications in the following may be required:
- Journeyman’s certification
- Crane Operator Certification per NASA‐STD‐8719.9 w/Change 2 and NPR 8715.3C
- Dye Penetrant Testing
- Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) Control per GPR 8730.6A
- Forklift Operator Certification per GPR 8719.1B
- General Safety Awareness, IT Security, Environmental Compliance, and Personnel Safety and Health
- Hazardous Materials Handlers (see Safety and Health Plan)
- High Pressure Operations per GSFC/WFF 800‐PG‐8715.0.4A
- Mate / Demate per NASA‐STD‐8739.4 w/Change 6
- Ordnance / Pyrotechnics Certification per GSFC/WFF 800‐PG‐8715.0.2C
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.