Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
Subsidiary: KIRA Training Services
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer / Project Manager
Job Location: USAF Academy, CO
Labor Category: Exempt
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: N/A
Pay: $77,550.32- $87,550.32
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The primary purpose of this position is to execute design and construction projects at the U.S. Air Force Academy (USAFA) and auxiliary sites with focus on the project management activities related to Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) systems, project development, plumbing/pipe fitter, and project prioritization for Mechanical Engineering-related activities at the U.S. Air Force Academy (USAFA) and auxiliary sites.
- Research, plan, prepare and administer design, acquisition, and construction projects.
- Develop projects, assess the condition of the HVAC systems, develop and implement strategies and initiative to improve the systems; provide design reviews and project management of construction projects; maintain databases (NexGen) used to manage the projects.
- Apply knowledge of design principles, construction procedures, maintenance principles, HVAC systems and building codes.
- Consult with clients and shop personnel to identify problems and ways to improve the condition of the HVAC activities. Perform technical evaluations and design reviews of project proposals and submittals.
- Serve as technical advisor to the client, government representatives, contracting, operations, and finance.
- Prepare reports and presentations to explain the pros and cons of project alternatives and improvement initiatives. Complete in-house designs and statements of work for small-scale in-house projects.
- Provide assistance to the Operations shops in the management of Mechanical/HVAC, plumbing/pipefitter, Interior Utility, and Mechanical Distribution system Sub-Activity Management Plans (Sub-AMP) and participate in the working groups of other related activities.
- Analyze corrective, predictive, and preventive maintenance data to manage the activities.
- Inspect project sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design drawings and specifications.
- Provide and prepare monthly and quarterly reports on the status of assigned activities.
- Review mechanical drawings for projects that are administered by other project managers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Have in-depth experience in mechanical engineering design and facilities maintenance.
- Experience in direct digital controls, pneumatic controls, fire protection systems, all HVAC/R, and heating plant experience is preferred.
- Experience in sustainable design, AutoCAD, large academic buildings, athletic facilities, water distribution systems, wastewater systems, and anti-terrorism/force protection is also preferred.
- Mechanical Engineers shall be degreed to perform responsibilities associated with facilities maintenance, design, and construction.
- Degree shall be a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited university program.
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) – Mechanical; licensed in the State of Colorado is required or must be attainable within (1) one year of employment.
- Must be well organized with extremely good time management skills.
- Must possess analytical abilities necessary to manage complex administrative, organizational, and contract matters.
- Knowledge of office automation software (MS Windows, MS Office, including PowerPoint, Word, Access, and Excel) required.
- Must be able to successfully complete a National Agency Check with Inquiries (Tier 1) background check.
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check.
- For positions requiring use of a Company and/or Customer vehicle, must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy.
- Must possess the ability to work in a team or alone and be able to change job assignments on short notice.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid short term disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life, long term disability, and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency –Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.