Subsidiary: KIRA Government Service
Job Title: Logistics Manager
Job Location: Beaufort, SC
Labor Category: Exempt
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The Logistics Manager plans, oversees, and manages the activities of the logistics support/supply department.
- Administers plans and procedures and implement regulations to support continuing and effective logistical operations for organizations and employees.
- Ensures all logistic requirements are met, including warehouse operations, inventory control, PR/PO generation, and procurement life cycle.
- Reviews award documentation, purchase requests, requests for quotations, and other documents related to procurement actions for compliance.
- Maintains inventory stock control, accountability and reconciles inventory within CMMS.
- Reports logistical information of all equipment/material.
- Develops and implements improved methods of materials handling, stock control, and purchasing to promote efficiency, service, and reducing costs.
- Contributes to high-level management status and planning meetings.
- Anticipates logistics problems and resolves promptly.
- Designs warehouse layout and ensure efficient space and safety utilization.
- Provides regular reporting to management on logistics issues as appropriate.
- Sets goals for performance and deadlines in ways that comply with company’s plans, mission, and vision.
- Organizes workflow and ensures that employees understand their duties or delegated tasks.
- Ensuring the safe use of warehouse equipment
- Establish warehouse practices and protocols to achieve an efficient warehouse
- Set warehouse goals in collaboration with management and other team leads
- Keep up-to-date on the latest federal and state safety regulations
- Communicate with other departments to ensure products are shipped in a timely manner
- Ensures adherence to legal and company policies and procedures and undertakes disciplinary actions if the need arises.
- Promptly addresses complaints and resolves problems appropriately.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in logistics and procurement management operations, with 2 of these years being supervisory.
- Preferred BS degree in logistics, supply chain management, engineering, or business administration
- Must possess the ability to work in a team or alone and be able to change jobs on short notice.
- Detailed knowledge of Marine and Navy supply management policies and procedure desired.
- Knowledge of office automation software (MS Windows, MS Office, including PowerPoint, Word, Access, and Excel) required.
- Knowledge in IBM/Maximo required.
- HS Diploma or equivalent required.
- Strong knowledge of warehousing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Must be able to successfully complete a National Agency Check with Inquiries (Tier 1) background check.
- Must have and maintain a valid SC state driver’s license.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Must be able to work alternate shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer, to include weekends and holidays.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.