Subsidiary: KIRA Innovation Services
Job Title: Mechanic Generator, Lead
Job Location: LOGCAP V – Soto Cono Air Base, Honduras
Labor Category: Exempt
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: Up to 25% of the time
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
KIRA Innovation Services is currently seeking a Mechanic Generator, Lead for the SOUTHCOM LOGCAP V contract in Soto Cano, Honduras.
- The Generator Mechanic performs a variety of skilled and technical tasks in the inspection, repair, preventive and corrective maintenance, and modification of internal combustion (IC) engines, diesel generators, and other IC gaseous engines; tests, replaces, or adjusts engine components such as valves, pistons, bearings, emissions systems, and other related systems; and interprets schematic wiring and modifies diesel control circuits.
- This is the journeyman-level classification.
- Incumbents perform routine tasks, and as proficiency increases, incumbents under general supervision or technical guidance may perform more difficult assignments.
- The Generator Technician class is distinguished from the Senior Generator Technician in that in addition to the latter having independent responsibility for completing tasks of a complex nature, Senior Generator Technicians may serve as team leaders and provide technical insight over projects.
- Assist and participate in routine inspections and make modifications to IC engines, diesel generators, and associated equipment; perform preventive and corrective maintenance on automatic transfer switches (ATS) and annunciator panels; perform load testing on units to identify possible problems and prevent wet stacking.
- Make electrical and mechanical wiring modifications to diesel control circuits.
- Rebuild and repair gas compressors (turbochargers) used for forced-induction of IC engines, head gaskets, seals, water pumps, catalytic converters, torque heads, belts, and hoses; conduct automatic and manual transfer tests of simulated power outages to ensure generators are functioning properly; test batteries, fuel coolant, and oil; ship oil samples for analysis; and transport and dispose of hazardous materials.
- Education: Person who has successfully completed a high school (or equivalent) education will be given preference. Person who has successfully completed a vocational program for the subject trade discipline will be given preference.
- Licenses/Certifications: Person must have successfully entered and completed a journeyman program for the subject trade discipline. Person must hold a valid trade licensure in the jurisdiction where work is to be performed (when required by local law).
- Experience: Person must have at least 3 years of experience working in a similar job.
- Other Qualifications: This position requires skills such as walking, running, climbing, crawling, and jumping and other similar physical activities. The worker must be able to endure extreme climate conditions and be able to work in an outdoor setting
- Must satisfactorily complete medical clearance requirements.
- Must satisfactorily obtain and maintain the necessary documents (work permit/VISA) to perform work in OCONUS location.
- Fluency in Spanish is desirable, but not required.
- Willingness to live and work under environmental and other conditions that may be uncomfortable or hazardous at times.
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions.
- Requires periods of non-traditional working hours including consecutive nights or weekends when necessary.
- Fast paced, deadline-oriented environment.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.