Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
Subsidiary: T&H Services
Job Title: Lineman
Job Location: Fort Carson, CO
Pay: $52.51/hr PLUS from $7.42- $9.75/hr Health and Welfare Benefits
Labor Category: Non-Exempt
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: N/A
T&H Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
A Lineman performs a variety of electrical trade functions such as the installation, maintenance and repair of equipment vital to the Electrical Distribution System on Fort Carson. The Lineman will perform maintenance and repair on the High Voltage distribution overhead and underground systems. Work involves most of the following: testing of electrical systems for the integrity and proper function, repair and maintenance of Transformers, Electrical Switches, Cables, Wires and Electrical Vaults. Troubleshooting and making repairs when large power interruptions occur as well as preventing such outages from occurring. Working from blueprints, drawings and maps; locate and diagnose trouble in the electrical systems or equipment using a variety of electricians hand tools and measuring and testing instruments. The Lineman works with high voltage electricity and must thoroughly understand OSHA regulations and have an in-depth knowledge of electrical safety. Depending on the location and source of the problems they have to deal with, Lineman may be required to work not only indoors but outdoors as well as and in extreme conditions, confined spaces and at excessive heights. This position requires being on a rotating on call schedule for 24/7 emergency repairs.
- Successful candidate must have completed a formal journey lineman apprenticeship and carry a Journeyman Lineman Certification. Be able to demonstrate proficiency and expertise in the field and be able to troubleshoot problems in the field during power outages, to limit the time of the power outage.
- Successful candidate must be capable of working safely on all high voltage systems, 600 volts and up, both above ground and underground. This is accomplished either by equipment such as a Bucket Lift or may be required to use Pole Climbing Equipment.
- Successful candidate must be capable of and proficient at using and working from Pole Climbing Equipment.
- Be capable of working on overhead lighting and lighting circuits.
- Must have a Valid CO Commercial Driver’s License Class B or higher.
- Prefer Candidate with 2+ Years of experience.
- As a federal contractor, THTBC is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination and/or testing requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status and employment is conditioned on meeting all customer and contractual requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation. For positions requiring use of a Company and/or Customer vehicle, must have a safe driving record as defined by Company policy.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & ADD
- Employee paid voluntary life & AD&D for dependents
- Accrued Vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.