Subsidiary: KIRA Services
Job Title: Property Management Accountant
Job Location: Juneau, AK
Labor Category: Non-Exempt
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: Up to 10% of the time
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
Under the direction of the Property Manager, the Property Accountant is responsible for the day-to-day accounting functions required to produce monthly GAAP financial statements for commercial and industrials properties owned or managed by KIRA Services, LLC. Accuracy and timeliness in the completion of the workload is required in this position. Strong communication skills, good work ethic, analytical thinking, a bachelor’s degree in accounting and at least 5 years of experience are required and experience in the real estate field is preferred.
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
• Record monthly adjusting and accrual entries
• Update fixed asset system for additions and disposals and record monthly depreciation/amortization
• Prepare monthly financial statement analysis according to GAAP with variance reporting
• Compile monthly financial statement package with required supporting documentation
• Distribute financials to lenders/owners
• Attend owner meetings, as necessary
• Assist in annual budget preparation.
• May supervise clerical and technician level employees including but limited to hiring, monitoring, coaching, staff development, evaluations, dispute resolution, progressive discipline, and if necessary, termination.
• Other duties as assigned
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to use an integrated accounting software system, Microsoft applications, and electronic transmitting applications
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities in a constantly changing environment
- Possess strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Possess excellent communication skills – verbal, written, and presentation
- Possess accurate data entry and attention to detail skills
- Ability to interpret, apply and explain laws, regulations and policies
- Ability to identify discrepancies or inaccuracies in data and make corrections
- Ability to be a team player
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Accounting
- Five years of professional level experience as an Accountant
- Two years’ experience with an automated accounting system
- Valid Driver’s License
- Two years of supervisory experience
The majority of work is performed in a professional office setting and is generally sedentary, requiring routine walking, standing, bending, and carrying of items weighing less than 40 lbs. Travel on small aircraft or ferry may be required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency –Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.