Instrumentation Engineering Tech IV
Virginia Beach, VA
Non-Exempt l CBA
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
This technician performs non-routine and complex assignments involving responsibility for planning and conducting a complete project of relatively limited scope or a portion of a larger and more diverse project, selects and adapts plans, techniques, designs, or layouts, contacts personnel in related activities to resolve problems and coordinate the work, reviews, analyzes, and integrates the technical work of others. Supervisor or professional engineer outlines objectives, requirements, and design approaches.
- Maintains all TCTS AS, EW, LATR PIP, Iridium and IMPASS systems/sub-systems and associated equipment.
- Works under supervision of Lead Maintenance Technician.
- Applies advanced technical knowledge to solve complex problems that typically cannot be solved by referencing manufacturers’ manuals or similar documents.
- Performs preventive and corrective maintenance on all EW, TCTS AS, LATR PIP, Iridium and IMPASS subsystems and associated interface equipment.
- Maintains, repairs, inspects, troubleshoots, and programs systems equipment or components using complex RF test equipment such as pulse generators, spectrum analyzers, signal generators and computer analytical equipment and specialized test equipment (T4B Test Set, LATR Test set, LATR portable test units, and TCTS AS test sets) to perform complex troubleshooting, isolate malfunctions, and repair equipment to the component level when possible.
- Lead Maintenance Technician may review work for compliance with accepted practices.
- Provides technical guidance and on-the-job training to other technicians.
- Extensive equipment handling and administrative processing to prepare/deliver equipment to meet exercise requirements.
- Documents maintenance actions in IEMS, various logbooks, and databases.
- May serve as IMPASS System Maintainer aboard various ships and deploy with equipment during FIREX events.
- May be required to serve as a project flight technician in support of airborne DT&E and Fleet training CAS support requirements.
- Must meets all CAS contractor, FAA, and NAWCAD imposed flight qualifications required to fly in this support role on CAS aircraft.
- Performance of Flightline/Equipment support requirements during exercises at remote locations.
- Some extended travel required for exercise support
Other duties include:
- Maintains asset control on all equipment, and completes DD1149s for equipment issue.
- Provides technical support to visiting engineers.
- Installation of instrumentation equipment on various participant platforms
- Fabricates unique power and RF interfaces to allow installation and operation of equipment for non-standard exercise participant platforms
- Equipment delivery, travel to delivery points
- Forklift operation
- High school diploma or equivalent. Completion of a technical school, trade school, or armed services technical school curriculum equivalent to Navy “C” School or course of training in electricity, electronics, avionics, mechanics, or engineering technology or completion of at least 30 semester hours (45 quarter hours) of course studies at an accredited college or university in an engineering, scientific, or technical curriculum.
- Three years’ electronic maintenance in the following areas:
- Digital/analog signal processing
- Radar and Radar theory
- Electromechanical devices
- DC power supplies
- RF Test equipment
- RF signal processing (VHF, UHF, and microwave)
- Low voltage AC equipment
- Antenna systems
- Primary and secondary power equipment
- GPS Receiver testing
- Must possess and maintain a valid state Driver's License. For EW, must be able to obtain and maintain a valid state Class “A” Commercial Driver's License
- Physically able to assist in lifting/carrying/loading EW/TCTS/IMPASS equipment if required.
- Must be willing to work on flight lines in and around aircraft.
- Must obtain and maintain current CPR/First Aid certification.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English.
- At least two years' experience in Electronic Warfare systems or Tactical Combat Training Systems equipment maintenance is preferred.
- Familiarity with Naval Aviation Maintenance and Quality Assurance Programs or equivalent
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.