Subsidiary: KIRA Training Services
Job Title: Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning/Ground Power Mechanic
Job Location: Cherry Point, NC
Labor Category: Non-Exempt, Union
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The ideal candidate is an independent well-organized self-starter able to manage his/her own time to complete assigned site coverage and duties as assigned. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Installs, services and repairs environmental-control systems in residences, department stores, office buildings, and other commercial establishments, utilizing knowledge of refrigeration theory, pipefitting and structural layout, mounts compressor and condenser units on platform or floor, using hand tools, following blueprints or engineering specifications, fabricates, assembles and installs ductwork and chassis parts, using portable metalworking tools and welding equipment, and installs 79 evaporator unit in chassis or in air-duct system, using hand tools.
- This mechanic also cuts and bends tubing to correct length and shape, using cutting and bending equipment and tools, cuts and threads pipe, using machine threading or hand-threading equipment, joins tubing or pipes to various refrigerating units by means of sleeves, couplings or unions, and solders joints, using torch, forming complete circuit for refrigerant, installs expansion and discharge valves in circuit.
- This worker connects motors, compressors, temperature controls, humidity controls, and circulating ventilation fans to control panels and connects control panels to power source; installs air and water filters in completed installation, injects small amount of refrigerant into compressor to test systems and adds Freon gas to build up prescribed operating pressure.
- This mechanic observes pressure and vacuum gauges and adjusts controls to insure proper operation, tests joints and connections for gas leaks, using gauges or soap-and-water solution, wraps pipes in insulation batting and secures them in place with cement or wire bands, replaces defective breaker controls, thermostats, switches, fuses and electrical wiring to repair installed units, may install, repair and service air conditioners, ranging from fifteen to twenty tons cooling capacity in warehouses and small factory buildings.
- Minimum of 2 years related experience
- HVAC Certification
- High School Diploma required
- Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Ability to climb platforms of up to 15 feet in height.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.