Subsidiary: KIRA Training Services
Job Title: Heavy Equipment Operator – Airfield
Job Location: USAF Academy, CO
Labor Category: Non – Exempt
Clearance Requirement: Public Trust
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies whollyowned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The primary purpose of the position is to operate several types of heavy equipment for the Airfield operations support and provide mission essential inspection, repairs, and snow removal on horizontal surfaces for the Airfield on the USAF Academy project site.
- Efficiently operate heavy equipment such as, but not limited to front end loaders, backhoes, street sweepers, snow blowers, dump trucks with snowplows and attached sand spreaders, excavators, motor graders, bulldozers, rollers, skid steer loaders with attachments, water trucks, forklifts, class “A” truck combinations.
- Operate heavy equipment as required, including but not limited to the following activities in various types of terrain (dirt, snow, etc.).
- Operate pavement saws, operate joint and crack sealing machine, crack and joint routing machine and related hand tools.
- Install, replace/repair all drainage systems, remove sediment/soil and debris from drainage structures and overrun/mid-field areas in the performance of maintenance, erosion repair throughout the Airfield.
- Provide weekly inspections and repair of the Parachute Landing Area (PLA) and fill holes larger than 6 inches in diameter or 3 inches deep.
- Remove Weeds/Cacti from Parachute Landing Area (PLA).
- Coordinate with Natural Resources to remove animals/wildlife that cause holes in the Parachute Landing Area (PLA).
- As part of the snow removal team, incumbent will perform section stand by duties, under the direction of Airfield Management, the Pavements & Equipment Manager (P&E), and P&E leads to accomplish 24 hr. snow removal operations to include but not limited to snow plowing & snow removal on the airfield to maintain a mission ready runway surface.
- Incumbent is to perform equipment checks as required to ensure all equipment is properly maintained and in safe operating condition.
- Notates any repair or maintenance needed and notifies vehicle maintenance facility of any deficiencies prior to operation.
- Perform pothole, concrete, spall, patching repair, and airfield signage assigned by Airfield Management.
- Performs minor maintenance and other related duties as assigned
- Must be vaccinated in accordance with all Executive Orders, Government mandates or requirements, contractual requirements, and company policy.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience providing knowledge, skill, and ability to perform the duties as identified above.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Colorado Commercial Driver’s License class “A” required.
- HS Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must possess the ability to work in a team or alone and be able to change jobs on short notice.
- Must be able to successfully complete a National Agency Check with Inquiries (Tier 1) background check.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Must be able to perform duties under adverse weather conditions (extreme cold / heat, etc.).
- Must be able to perform stand-by duties when scheduled and report to work within one hour of notification.
- Must be able to work alternate and extended shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer to include weekends and holidays.
- Physically fit to bend, stoop, and lift in awkward positions and able to lift up to 60 lbs.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.