Subsidiary: T&H Services
Job Title: Heavy Equipment Operator
Job Location: Beaufort, SC
Labor Category: Non-Exempt | CBA IUOE
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The Heavy Equipment Operator operates heavy equipment such as pump trucks, cranes, clamshells, power shovels, motor graders, heavy loaders, carryalls, bulldozers, rollers, scrapers, and large industrial tractors with pan or scrapper attachments. Equipment is used to excavate, load, or move dirt, gravel, or other materials. Operator may read and interpret grade and slope stakes and simple plans, and may grease, adjust, and make emergency repairs to equipment.
- Operate various pieces of large equipment in accordance with company procedures and safety regulations.
- Ensure proper operation of equipment by performing regular checks on their functionality.
- Document regular maintenance checks to maintain adequate records of equipment performance.
- Provide preventative maintenance to ensure equipment is safe and operating properly.
- Regularly clean equipment to preserve its quality and functionality.
- Perform minor repairs on equipment issues.
- Report needs for larger repairs to the appropriate parties.
- Abide by all local, state, and federal regulations, as well as all company safety procedures.
- Commit to the overall safety of the work environment by always taking extra precautions to work with the utmost care and consideration.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience working with heavy equipment.
- Possess and maintain a Class A Commercial Driver’s License.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background, drug screen, and motor vehicle review.
- Knowledge of proper operation of heavy equipment as well as safety standards.
- Ability to maintain, inspect, clean, and occasionally repair pieces of heavy equipment.
- Keen attention to detail and situational awareness to maintain the safety of the work environment.
- Strong work ethic and physical ability to lift 50+ pounds.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.