Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
KIRA Training Services
Heavy Equipment Mechanic
USAF Academy, CO
Non-Exempt l Union
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The Motor Vehicle Mechanic performs a variety of repairs and services to maintain motor vehicles duties that require an understanding of intermediate vehicle maintenance.
- Repairs, rebuilds, or overhauls major assemblies of internal combustion automobiles including military vehicles Ensure all work is completed in accordance with scheduled time frame or deadline.
- Diagnoses system malfunctions, isolate causes, and determines the extent of repairs required to correct deficiencies.
- Replaces worn or broken parts such as piston rings, bearings, or other engine parts.
- Grinds and adjusts valves.
- Rebuilds carburetors.
- Overhauls transmissions.
- Repairs fuel injection, lighting, and ignition systems.
- Dismantles and reassembles equipment, using Technical Manuals, lifting devices, hand and pneumatic tools.
- Performs all work in accordance to the applicable Technical Manual for the vehicle and work assigned.
- May direct workers engaged in cleaning parts and assisting with assembly and disassembly of equipment.
- May recommend revision to internal maintenance procedures to improve efficiency and ensure quality workmanship.
- Must be able recognize and know proper usage of a variety of automotive tools.
- Help perform snow removal when needed.
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
- Perform duties in lower related job classifications.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must have a High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED).
- Must be able to operate a government general-purpose vehicle.
- Two years’ experience and specific knowledge in vehicle maintenance either through schooling, to include a formal apprenticeship or equivalent, and/or verifiable on the job experience.
- Must know theory and principles of engine operations and accessories and components.
- Must have or be able to obtain site forklift and other licenses/certifications as needed to perform duties.
- Must be able to inspect, repair, and operate a diverse range of vehicles.
- Must be able to complete paperwork associated with vehicle maintenance and repairs.
- Must be able to manipulate and use hand tools and hydraulic equipment.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Must have the ability to read, interpret, and apply Technical Manual instructions, publications, and safety rules.
- Must be able to read, interpret and use vehicle maintenance manuals, service bulletins, wiring/schematic diagrams, data tables and other specifications to determine feasibility and method to repair or replace malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Must have the ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
- Position may require travel.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to successfully complete a National Agency Check with Inquiries (Tier 1) background check.
- Must have and maintain a valid CO state driver’s license. CDL Preferred
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Must be able to perform duties under adverse weather conditions (extreme cold / heat, etc.).
- Must be able to perform On-call duties when scheduled and report to work within one hour of notification.
- Must be able to work alternate shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer, to include weekends and holidays.
- Duties will require frequent periods of sitting, standing, kneeling, walking, crouching, crawling, reaching, and balancing.
- Physically fit to bend, stoop, and lift in awkward positions and able to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Must possess the ability to work in a team or alone and be able to change jobs on short notice.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid short term disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life, long term disability, and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.