Subsidiary: KIRA Training Services
Job Title: Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Job Location: USAF Academy, CO
Labor Category: Non – Exempt
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies whollyowned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The primary purpose of this position is to maintain, troubleshoot, overhaul, repair, and modify a variety of heavy duty vehicles and mobile equipment.
- Perform routine scheduled maintenance
- Diagnose, repair, rebuild, and maintain the corporate vehicle fleet, such as Wheel loaders, Backhoes, Skid steers, Dozers, Excavators, Snowplow/vocational heavy trucks, and light automotive vehicles.
- Troubleshoots various problems and identifies defects and causes of mechanical problems to determine type and extend of necessary repairs to a variety of heavy mobile vehicles and equipment.
- Diagnose and repair of diesel engines, gas engines, D/C and A/C electrical systems, hydraulic systems including pilot control systems and load sensing/compensated pumps.
- Efficiently operate various types of constructions related equipment and vehicles for diagnostic and performance issues.
- Dismantle and reassemble equipment or subassemblies using hand tools, pneumatic tools, lift equipment or hoists. Inspect components for excessive wear or damage, make accurate and timely decision on how best to perform repairs with an emphasis on conserving company resources.
- Minor welding and oxygen/acetylene torch skills may be necessary.
- Perform tire replacement and repair as necessary.
- Perform field service to fleet vehicles in remote areas during day and night hours in various weather conditions and terrain.
- Maintain accountability, organization, and cleanliness of company supplied tools and equipment.
- Cleans parts and assists with assembly and disassembly of equipment.
- Working knowledge of OBD II and OBD III vehicle operating systems and use of diagnostic scan tools.
- Conduct functional and performance tests using a variety of diagnostic equipment and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must be vaccinated in accordance with all Executive Orders, Government mandates or requirements, contractual requirements, and company policy.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience and/or formal vocational/technical training providing knowledge, skill, and ability to perform the duties as identified above.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Colorado Commercial Driver’s License class “A” required.
- HS Diploma or equivalent required.
- Technical school/certificate/degree preferred.
- Must be able to successfully complete a National Agency Check with Inquiries (Tier 1) background check.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Must be able to perform duties under adverse weather conditions (extreme cold / heat, etc.).
- Must be able to perform stand-by duties when scheduled and report to work within one hour of notification.
- Must be able to work alternate and extended shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer to include weekends and holidays.
- Physically fit to bend, stoop, and lift in awkward positions and able to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Must possess the ability to work in a team or alone and be able to change jobs on short notice.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.