Subsidiary: KIRA Aviation Services
Job Title: Guard I
Job Location: Fallon, NV
Schedule: Full Time
Job Classification: Non- Exempt
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
Provide access control and facility security for NAS Fallon Centroid and Fleet Tactical Training Range facilities. Carries out instructions primarily oriented toward ensuring that emergencies and security violations are readily discovered and reported to appropriate authority. Intervenes directly only in situations which require minimal action to safeguard property or persons. Monitors radio communications to maintain range access records. May be required to operate handheld radio. Observes vehicle traffic and validates facility entrance requirements. Verifies visitor access and maintains visitor control log. Issues visitor badges and verifies escort requirements as necessary. Conducts regular perimeter and building checks.
- Responsible for the safekeeping of facilities and equipment and the safeguarding of sensitive information.
- Controls building access and performs physical security checks.
- Restricts access to facilities to authorized personnel.
- Maintains current access roster
- Maintains log of all personnel entering or leaving the facilities
- Responsible for communications with Guard posts and roving patrols and for monitoring passive surveillance and alarms systems
- Develops and maintains emergency incident and response procedures
- Responsible for accident/incident reporting
- Issues badges to cleared contractor employees, Government employees, and to visitors who have a valid Visit Authorization Request (VAR) on file
- Visually checks all vehicles entering restricted areas for unauthorized items such as alcohol, cameras, firearms, etc.
- Assists in annotation of roving patrol personnel in Job Control absence
- Performs all other position related duties as assigned or requested
- High School Diploma
- Two years’ experience in military or Industrial Security
- Six months experience in administrative, technical, clerical, military or other work that involved:
- Written procedures
- Rules or regulations in contacts with coworkers, supervisors, or members of the public to provide a service
- Respond to inquiries
- Obtain information
- Six months’ experience that involved the protection of property against such hazards as fire, theft, damage, accident, trespass, maintaining order, and protecting life
- Capable of comprehending and implementing instructions concerning the operation of mechanical equipment such as generators, air conditioners, fire protection equipment, and other emergency equipment.
- Ability to perform in a professional manner and maintain a neat and clean appearance
- Possess a valid state Driver’s License
- Active Secret Clearance
- Must be vaccinated in accordance with all Executive Orders, Government mandates or requirements, contractual requirements and company policy
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.