Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
KIRA Training Services
Grounds Maintenance Laborer – Seasonal
Rock Island Arsenal. IL
Non Exempt | CBA
** SEASONAL POSITION – SEASON RUNS FROM APPROXIMATELY 5/1/2023 – 10/27/2023 **
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The Laborer, Grounds Maintenance maintains grounds of industrial, commercial or public property such as buildings, camp and picnic grounds, parks, playgrounds, greenhouses, and athletic fields, and repairs structures and equipment.
- Cut grass, using walking-type or riding mowers (less than 2000 lbs.)
- Trim hedges and edges around walks, flowerbeds, and wells, using hedge trimmers, clippers and edging tools
- Prunes shrubs and trees to shape and improve growth, using shears and other hand tools.
- Sprays lawn, shrubs, and trees with fertilizer or insecticide.
- Plant grass, flowers, trees, and shrubs, watering lawn and shrubs during dry periods, using hose or activating sprinkler system.
- Picks up and burns or carts away leaves, paper or other litter.
- Removes snow from walks, driveways, roads, or parking lots, using shovel and snow blower, spreads salt on walkways and other areas.
- Repair and paint fences, gates, benches, tables, guardrails, and outbuildings.
- Sssists in repair of roads, walks, buildings, and mechanical equipment.
- Clean comfort stations, offices workshop areas, and parking lots by sweeping, washing, mopping and polishing.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- As a federal contractor, THTBC is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination and/or testing requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status and employment is conditioned on meeting all customer and contractual requirements.
- Must have the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the requirements of the position.
- One year experience preferred.
- Must possess the ability to work in a team or alone and be able to change jobs on short notice.
- Possess and demonstrate a courteous and positive attitude toward customers.
- Ability to follow policies, procedures, and operating instructions.
- Demonstrated aptitude for successful completions of assigned tasks
- Must possess strong organizational skills and a strong ability to multi-task.
- Must possess good organizational skills.
- Ability to work with diverse workforce.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to perform duties under adverse weather conditions (extreme cold / heat, etc.).
- Must be able to perform On-call duties when scheduled and report to work within one hour of notification.
- Must be able to work alternate shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer, to include weekends and holidays.
- Physically fit to bend, stoop, and lift in awkward positions and able to lift up to 60 lbs.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid Short Term Disability, Basic Life and AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary Life, Long Term Disability, and AD&D for dependents
- Vacation, Sick Time and PTO Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran’s status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency –Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.