Company: T&H Services
Job Title: General Maintenance Worker – Heat Plant
Location: Fort Carson, CO
Pay: $22.90/hr PLUS from $7.00- $9.20/hr Health and Welfare Benefits
Department: Support Services
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. As a Native Alaskan, Tribally- Owned business, THTBC has a competitive edge unique in the US Federal Government contracting space, including access to US Government directed sole source contracts. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: This position performs general maintenance on boilers and building heating equipment along with water chemistry route monitoring. The position requires practical skill and knowledge (but not proficiency) in various construction trades. Work will include boiler maintenance, pump maintenance, valve maintenance, water chemistry and assisting in High temp hot water plant operation and maintenance. Report all necessary repairs inside mechanical rooms and maintaining mechanical rooms in clean order. Assist stationary engineers in boiler open and inspect and planned maintenance. Employees will be required to work on top of buildings, in mechanical rooms, in crawl spaces, etc. to do routine maintenance. This requires but is not limited to carrying ladders, being in small spaces over periods of time, and being able to work at all heights.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: On a continuous basis, sit, stand, bend, climb ladders (up to 40 feet), stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and twist for varying periods in the course of work; use hands and fingers to grasp tools; make repetitive hand and body motions; twist and reach below and above shoulder; lift or carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds; to communicate with co-workers using a two-way radio; use telephone, and write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means; see in the normal vision range with or without correction to read computer screen, blueprints, and drafting plans; hear in the normal range with or without correction.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Work is performed both indoors and outdoors environments. Some work is performed with exposure to low to loud noise level; frequent fieldwork is required with exposure to a variety of weather conditions and the external environment; tasks may require working in tightly enclosed spaces and the use of ladders or other safety equipment to gain access to hard to reach locations; some work is performed in crawl spaces, attics or on rooftops. Some work may require exposure to dust, particulates, unpleasant and potentially hazardous substances and high voltage.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years related experience and/or formal vocational/technical training in a variety of building and/or utility trades.
- Each complete year of accredited college education in a related field may be substituted for the equivalent number of years of required experience.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation. For positions requiring use of a Company and/or Customer vehicle, must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs
- Must be vaccinated in accordance with all Executive Orders, Government mandates or requirements, contractual requirements and company policy
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.