Subsidiary: KIRA Training Services
Job Title: General Maintenance Worker
Job Location: USAF Academy, CO
Labor Category: Non – Exempt
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The primary purpose of this position is to provide base operations support through the performance of general maintenance and repair of equipment and buildings.
- Perform cleaning and housekeeping required in performance of normal maintenance activities.
- Assist in preventive maintenance on barriers, gates, overhead doors, HVAC, carpentry, plumbing, and other work as directed.
- Perform cleaning and assist in the preventive maintenance of pools and fountains as directed.
- Assist electricians in a variety of tasks such as to replace electrical receptacles, wires, switches, fixtures, and motors.
- Use plaster or compound to patch minor holes and cracks in walls and ceilings.
- Repair or replace sinks, water coolers, and toilets, painting structures and equipment.
- Repair or replace concrete floors, steps, and sidewalks, replace damaged paneling and floor tiles, hand doors and install door locks, replace broken window panes, and perform general maintenance on equipment and machinery.
- Assist in repair of indoor plumbing systems, repair and maintenance of utility gas water and sewer piping, valves, and systems.
- Replace filters, cleaning coils, replace belts, pumps and motors, water remediation, clean mechanical rooms as well as changing batteries in locks and smoke detectors.
- Maintain accountability for all tools assigned.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- The work of the general maintenance worker requires practical skill and knowledge (but not proficiency) in such trades as painting, carpentry, plumbing, masonry, and electrical work. Minimum of two (2) years’ related experience and/or formal vocational/technical training in a variety of building and/or utility trades.
- HS Diploma or equivalent required. Must be able to successfully complete a National Agency Check with Inquiries (Tier 1) background check.
- Must have and maintain a valid CO state driver’s license.
- Commercial Driver’s License Class “B” preferred but not required.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Must be able to perform duties under adverse weather conditions (extreme cold / heat, etc.).
- Must be able to perform On-call duties when scheduled and report to work within one hour of notification.
- Must be able to work alternate shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer, to include weekends and holidays.
- Physically fit to bend, stoop, and lift in awkward positions and able to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Must possess the ability to work in a team or alone and be able to change jobs on short notice and holidays.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision coverage
• Health Savings Account (HSA)
• Hospital Indemnity Plan
• Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
• Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
• Accrued vacation and sick time
• 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.