Subsidiary: KIRA Services LLC
Job Title: Fire Alarm Technician (Entry Level – Level 2)
Job Location: NB Guam
Labor Category: Non-Exempt
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: N/A
KIRA Services LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The primary purpose of this position is to provide base operations support through the performance of a variety of Fire Alarm Technician functions.
- Inspects, tests, maintains, and repairs installed fire alarm detection and suppression systems in accordance with manufacturer's specifications and National Fire Protection Association standards.
- Inspects fire alarm equipment visually and replaces defective components.
- Tests initiating and signal circuits, detectors, and system transmitter and makes needed repairs.
- Checks pressure gauges on suppression system storage containers and recharges or replaces containers.
Must have related experience in Fire Alarm and Mass Notification Systems, Fire Alarm Auxiliary Transmitters, Nurse Call systems, Public Address Systems, and Security/Access Control systems or equivalent.
Level 2: Minimum of 3-5 years' experience. Successful completion of Level 2 NICET Certification. Considered journeyman level.
Level 1: Minimum of 1-3 years ' experience. Successful completion of Level 1 NICET Certification.
Entry Level: Minimum 1-3 years ' experience. No NICET certification. Will be required to obtain and maintain a Level I certification within 6 months after start date.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess and maintain a valid State Driver’s License as required by the position. Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to successfully complete pre-employment screening to include Motor Vehicle Record check.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Must be able to perform duties under adverse weather conditions (extreme cold / heat, etc.).
- Must be able to work alternate and extended shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer to include weekends and holidays.
- Physically fit to bend, stoop, and lift in awkward positions and able to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Duties will require frequent periods of bending, stooping, squatting, crouching, and reaching above shoulder level, and kneeling. Occasionally require periods of crawling and climbing.
- Must possess the ability to work in a team or alone and be able to change jobs on short notice.
- Must be vaccinated in accordance with all Executive Orders, Government mandates or requirements, contractual requirements, and company policy.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.