Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
Subsidiary: KIRA Aerospace
Job Title: Part Time Event Staff
Job Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Labor Category: Non-Exempt
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: N/A
Pay: $16.25 to $18.17 per hour (dependent upon position assignment per event)
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
Event staff are responsible for working as a team, as well as solo, to ensure that events run smoothly. They assist in the overall logistical and operational aspects of the event, and job duties may change depending on areas of need. The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication, conflict management, and customer service skills to support home events at the United States Air Force Academy. Event Staff are responsible for working under the instructions of their assigned Event Supervisor as well as the Event Program and Deputy Program Manager.
The positions that fall under Event Staff are listed below:
• Traffic and Parking Personnel
• Entry/Security Screening Personnel
• Press Box Personnel
• Access Control and Usher Personnel
Working under the instructions of an Event Manager, work may include, but not limited to, a variety of the following duties:
• Following protocol and instructions of event management.
• Event Staff need to constantly be on their feet and attend to the many needs of event-goers, requiring physical stamina and high energy levels.
• Addressing patron concerns in a friendly and courteous manner. Communicating customer and participant issues regarding security, safety, or otherwise to the management team.
• Keeping the entrances and exits of the facility clear, surveying the facility for any hazards that may exist and knowing evacuation routes in case of emergency.
• Ensuring the cleanliness, operational efficiency, and maintenance of designated areas.
• Coordinating with other members of the event staff to complete job requirements.
• Assisting in load-in and load-out duties, security steps, and crowd control/interaction when needed
• Remain useful and helpful for the overall success of the event.
• Adhere to event safety standards.
• Undertaking security duties.
• Dress and appearance are consistent with Company standards including wearing Company shirt, Event Staff badge, and radio. Proper radio protocol and response in a timely manner, includes radio communication to the front desk, building managers, and direct supervisors.
• Communicate to management and document any incidents and/or injuries.
• Continuous communication with the Program Coordinator of Facilities and Events, provide feedback about event participant behavior, identify common problems and solutions.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• As a federal contractor, THTBC is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination and/or testing requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status and employment is conditioned on meeting all customer and contractual requirements.
• Ability to provide excellent customer service to all patrons and guests.
• Ability to work closely with fellow team members and event management.
• Demonstrates strong inter-personal and communication skills as well as attention to detail.
• Ability to problem solve, manage multiple tasks and priorities and make an informed decision independently.
• Reliability and flexibility related to work schedule.
• Desire to learn and adapt to a quick and ever-changing environment.
• Ability to recognize and respond to emergencies.
• Ability to display a positive attitude for all patrons and staff.
• Arrives prepared and on time for work with reliable transportation.
• Positively promotes Company to peers and patrons and takes initiative to be involved throughout events. Must be able to work weekends and some holidays
• Must be able to gain access to the US Military installation where work is to be performed
• Must be able to work alternate shift schedule to meet the mission requirements of the customer, to include weekends and holidays.
• Duties will require frequent periods of sitting, standing, and walking. Physically fit to lift up to 50 lbs. Willing to complete other tasks assigned by management in support of event requirements.
• Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license to operate a Company vehicle. Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
• Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check, as applicable.
• Conflict Management
• Time Management
• Customer Service
• Problem Solving
• Working with a Diverse Constituency
• Work Independently and with a Team
• Work in a Fast Paced Environment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.