Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
CNC EDM Prototype Machinist
Non-Exempt l Union
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. As a Native Alaskan, Tribally- Owned business, THTBC has a competitive edge unique in the US Federal Government contracting space, including access to US Government directed sole source contracts. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
ETIS is looking for a CNC EDM machinist to support the Advanced Manufacturing Branch at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland.
- Setting up, programming, and operating EDM Wire and EDM Ram CNC equipment, such as MAKINO and Agie-Charmilles.
- Must be able to program toolpaths in Mastercam to carry out operations needed to produce complex spaceflight space components that meet precise specifications.
- Must have experience in ensuring product quality and conformance to engineering specifications and/or drawings are met.
- Be able to implement and refine manufacturing processes if necessary.
- Must have practical knowledge and understanding of GD&T and its applications.
- Applies knowledge of working properties of metals (including, but not limited to aluminum, stainless steel, brass, copper, and titanium).
- Understand and be able to utilize the EDM machine’s power settings for different materials and finish requirements.
- Must understand the effects of the recast layer, as it applies to dimensions and tolerances after the wire process.
- Interfaces with and supports engineers and technicians in the assembly, integration, and testing of spaceflight components, hardware, instruments, and spacecraft.
- Performs non-routine assignments and assists in supporting manufacturing goals to carry them through.
- Selects and adapts established machining procedures to current assignments with instructions, if needed.
- Receives technical advice when needed and performs with little supervision.
- May cross-train and/or support other duties associated within area of assignment as directed by lead personnel or supervision.
- General shop responsibilities include ensuring a safe working environment, housekeeping duties, organization of shop materials and supplies.
- Must possess basic computer skills such as Windows, OS365, etc.
- Must be able to setup, program, operate, and demonstrate journeyman level competency on EDM
- Wire and EDM Ram machines.
- Must be able to Program in Mastercam to produce complex prototype pieces that meet precise specifications.
- Must be able to use precision measuring equipment to measure tolerances up to and including .0001” and has strong knowledge of GD&T per ASME Y14.5M 2018.
- Must understand and be able to perform secondary EDM process on components prefinished on CNC Mills and Lathes etc.
- Must be able to follow procedures, plans, techniques, designs, or layouts.
- Must be able to interpret engineering models, drawings, written work instructions and test procedures.
- Must ensure product quality and conformance to engineering specifications and/or drawings.
- May be required to operate conventional, CNC mills and/or CNC Lathes
- High School diploma or GED is required.
- Minimum of 10 years EDM machining experience required with 4+ years Mastercam programming.
- Must understand machining processes including feeds and power settings, work holding and fixturing.
- Must be capable of successfully completing the following training: hazard communication, personal protective equipment, IT security and other required training or certifications as directed by ETIS management.
- Accept and work within established policies and procedures pertaining to company and NASA rules and regulations.
- May need to Travel up to 5% of the time.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.