Subsidiary: KIRA Training Services
Job Title: Engineering Design Manager
Job Location: USAF, Academy
Labor Category: Exempt
Clearance Requirement: Public Trust
Travel Requirement: N/A
Pay: $110,000.00/year + $5,000 signing bonus
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The purpose of this position is to oversee the operation of the Engineering Design team, which has responsibility for the engineering design and project management of the US Air Force Academy’s (USAFA) facility and infrastructure construction program. This construction program exceeds $80 million in annual renovation, sustainment, maintenance, repair, and new construction projects. These projects require collaboration with other sections/divisions/organizations including, Portfolio Optimization (planning & programming), Construction Management, CADD/GIS, Installation Management, Operations & Maintenance, Base Contracting, and other stakeholders. Includes a wide variety of duties related to both managing personnel (7 engineers, 2 architects, 1 interior designer, and 1 cost estimator) within the organization, ensuring completion of planned design projects, meeting monthly/annual performance standards, and design management as outlined in the USAFA Performance Work Statement (PWS).
- Must maintain a strong and productive relationship with the USAFA’s contracting office and government engineering counterparts to ensure smooth execution of projects.
- Provides management oversight of projects to include, managing the design program, solving construction related problems, and performing complete reviews of design packages and contract modifications prior to submittal to Contracting for execution.
- Ensures projects are identified, validated, approved, designed, and if funded, constructed.
- Works with Portfolio Optimization department to ensure designs meet USAFA’s, cultural, environmental, and historic district requirements.
- Ensures short- and long-term project plans are developed and follow agreed upon strategies to meet the needs of USAFA. Ensures that project designs meet energy conservation, sustainability and Unified Facilities Criteria (UFC) requirements.
- Oversees Architect-Engineer (AE) design program and the preparation of Statements of Work (SOWs) for the AE designs and construction projects.
- Ensures all work is performed in accordance with local Project Management Plans (PMPs), Quality Management Plans (QMPs), Standard Operating procedures (SOPs), and US Air Force requirements.
- Managing department personnel ensuring maximum efficiency and compliance with PWS requirements. Ensures project execution in accordance with the government’s budget and timelines.
- Responsible for updating base leadership on design progress, construction execution and project modifications. Responsible for design/construction quality.
- Coordinates support with other Civil Engineering divisions/sections.
- Signs off on engineering project plans.
- Ensures that all staff follow the latest documents and templates.
- Manages, develops, and revises SOPs, project design templates, PMPs, QMPs, etc., as needed for the Engineering Design Department.
- Provides the Civil Engineering Manager with reports on project status upon request.
- Works with civil engineering personnel to create process improvements.
- Promotes improvements in customer service and satisfaction.
- Completes additional duties in direct support of departmental mission requirements as directed by the Civil Engineering Manager.
- Must be vaccinated in accordance with all Executive Orders, Government mandates or requirements, contractual requirements, and company policy
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) or Registered Architect (RA) licensed in the State of Colorado, or if registered in another state, able to obtain reciprocity registration for Colorado within 12 months.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with facilities/infrastructure design and construction
- Experience as an engineering manager or engineering supervisor preferred.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.). Understand, read, write, and speak fluent English.
- Bachelor of Science degree Engineering or Architecture from an accredited institution.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Colorado Driver’s License.
- Must be able to successfully complete a National Agency Check with Inquiries (Tier 1) background check.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Must be able to work alternate shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer, to include weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to serve on the base’s Emergency Operations Center as a representative for civil engineering.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.