Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
KIRA Training Services
USAF Academy, CO
$81,500.00 – $91,500.00
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The primary purpose of this position is to execute design and construction projects at the U.S. Air Force Academy (USAFA) and auxiliary sites.
- Perform ‘Project Manager’ role for the USAFA (Owner) providing administrative duties.
- Serve as in-house Electrical Engineering subject matter expert for Design & Engineering team.
- Consult other subject matter experts on Design & Engineering team for non-electrical issues.
- Be technical advisor to & coordinate with government & finance mangers & contracting officers.
- Consult KIRA operations, maintenance, programming, real property & environmental teams.
- Research project requirements & develop scope of work for projects of all sizes & complexity.
- Consult with clients to determine functional & spatial requirements.
- Prepare reports & presentations evaluating project alternatives.
- Support & administrate design packages prepared by outside AE firms.
- Prepare complete in-house design packages for selected projects.
- Develop procurement documents & packages for government & contracting approval
- Support pre-bid process with site visits and answer requests for information from contractors.
- Provide technical evaluations & design reviews of Contractor proposals &submittals.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- As a federal contractor, THTBC is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination and/or testing requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status and employment is conditioned on meeting all customer and contractual requirements.
- Must have Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) from an ABET accredited university program.
- Professional Engineer (PE) – Electrical with active Colorado license. (Preferred)
- Required skills & practical experience:
- In-depth experience with electrical engineering & design, commercial power distribution, lighting systems, direct digital controls, info tech data & communication systems, security & fire alarm systems, cathodic protection & lightning protection.
- Experience in project management, facility retrofit, new construction, code compliance, cost estimating & sustainable design.
- Strong time management, organization & communication skills.
- Analytical abilities necessary to manage complex projects and contract matters.
- Proficient use of MS Windows, MS Office, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to work independently or on a team and be able to switch tasks on short notice.
Other desirable skills or experience:
- Proficient use of AutoCAD, Bluebeam & Revit or willingness to learn these platforms.
- Ability to calculate electrical engineering formulas & design complicated electrical projects.
Background Clearance & Driver Requirements:
- Must be able to successfully complete a National Agency Check with Inquiries (Tier 1) background check.
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- For positions requiring use of a Company and/or Customer vehicle, must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid short term disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life, long term disability and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.