Job Title: Director of Business Development
Job Location: Remote
Labor Category: Exempt
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: Minimum 30% of the time
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The Director of Business Development is responsible for identifying opportunities and effectively presenting Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation in these targets. Provide technical expertise and support to quality and quantify those opportunities. The BD Director will deliver leads in identifying opportunities with new and existing clients; evaluating, monitoring and tracking BD plans and efforts on an ongoing basis as well as manage the development, implementation and coordination of proposals.
- Research market and industry trends, as well as conduct, evaluate and analyze competitive intelligence to identify new opportunities and expand on existing relationships.
- Identify potential teaming partners to achieve the highest probabilities of win while negotiating the general terms of teaming agreements to maximize KIRA work share.
- Attend trade shows as either an exhibitor or an attendee to promote THTBC’s value proposition.
- Attend Industry Days for upcoming solicitations and Agency briefings regarding upcoming solicitation requirements.
- Manage THTBC’s participation in industry trade associations such as the National Defense Industry Association and Professional Services Counsel.
- Data mine utilizing data sources such as Deltek, Govwin, Bloomberg Government, Washington Technology and other sources
- Support strategic planning, BD, capture management and proposal preparation processes (to include drafting technical and non-technical proposal sections, Management Plan and Past Performance), and develop action steps and assist in implementation.
- tracking outstanding bids, fielding inbound inquiries, making strategic choices in regards to partner selections for upcoming bids, tracking upcoming proposals and other opportunities, and otherwise contributing to the growth of the Professional Services division.
- Responsible for meeting with clients, presenting the company’s capabilities, and fostering new. Develop business cases to quantify opportunities and revenue/profit potential.
- Focus on sales in new and existing markets.
- Prospect for new opportunities for diversification and growth.
- Organize sales plan and forecasting.
- Maintain and expand prospect pipeline.
- Gain market intelligence through direct customer/prospect interaction.
- Obtain/document new information to support proposal development.
- Identify and engage appropriate resources for proposal development.
- Maintain high-level understanding of company products and services to act as value-add in proposal development.
- Provide mentorship to less-experienced teammates.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8-10 years of experience in Business Development with direct experience and demonstrated success in BD, Sales, and Marketing
- The ideal candidate should come with a large file of contacts and leads.
- Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks in order to meet schedules.
- Ability to work well in a team and meet tight deadlines.
- Project management skills.
- Experience working with senior management and organization’s multiple disciplines (technical, product management, marketing, pricing, contracts).
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project.
- Rudimentary graphic design skills (i.e., familiarity with Illustrator, Photoshop, et al) a plus.
- Experience working on proposals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision coverage
• Hospital Indemnity Plan
• Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
• Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
• 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.