Subsidiary: T&H Services
Job Title: Deputy Project Manager
Job Location: Charleston, SC
Labor Category: Exempt
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Travel Requirement: None
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The Deputy Project Manager provides direction, leadership, and guidance to ensure alignment with corporate/contract safety and quality policies, strategic objectives, and organizational goals that are accomplished safe, on-time, and error free.
- Provides direction, leadership, and guidance to ensure alignment with corporate/contract safety and quality policies, strategic objectives and organizational goals that are accomplished safe, on time, and error-free.
- Oversees all maintenance scheduling, including work in progress, work being performed by subcontractors and vendors.
- Apply a wide range of qualitative and quantitative methods to identify, assess, analyze, and improve effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Supervise and coordinate daily training to support facilities and infrastructure requirements in support of the organizational goals.
- Leads and guide the maintenance team in applying the appropriate problem- solving techniques to develop business centric solutions.
- Continuously monitors the maintenance team facility progress and initiatives ensuring performance work statement (PWS) is being met.
- Develops plans and coordinates facility service contract projects.
- Communicates and report progress to the Contracting Officer Representative (COR) on assignments, projects, program issues, milestones, and deadlines for completion.
- Assigns work orders and PM schedule for all assigned personnel.
- Communicate effectively with subcontractors on a consistent level, giving guidance and direction in planning maintenance scheduling requirements.
- Has a great working relationship with subcontractors and vendors.
- Assist with repairing and executing budget and ensuring contract performance in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Reports the daily inspection report requirement of maintenance work conducted.
- Reports the inspection of Contract performance standards and progress.
- Submits documentation of a monitoring system assuring all line items are performed according to contract specifications on a weekly basis.
- Possess experience in process control, quality data analysis, quality auditing, statistical sampling, and subcontract quality control.
- Serves as primary point of contact for all quality-related issues to include management, implementation, and enforcement of Quality Control Plans, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and operations related to business/contractual processes, integration, and modification.
- Prepares annual budget for Quality and Safety activities and operates within the budgets to meet challenging goals.
- Conducts safety meetings, audits, and inspections to ensure compliance, evaluate performance, identify corrective action, and implement follow-up assessments.
- Plans, implements, and conducts preventative care, safety, and compliance training programs.
- Provides effective Contract review for Quality specifications and adherence prior to new contract proposals and awards, then interacts closely with customers to proactively mitigate disruptions and maintain strong working relationships.
- Champions a sustainable and robust Quality Management System that strictly complies with ISO 9001 and PWS requirements.
- Serves as a liaison for executive management for potential changes and impacts on the Safety and Quality Management System.
- Generates reports on the suitability of the Quality program, manages several important cross-functional processes including, Contract Reviews, Supplier Quality, In-Process Quality Assurance, Product Testing, and quality of workmanship.
- Responsible for identifying, analyzing, and developing improvements in productivity, quality, customer relationships, and customer service.
- Utilizes quality body of principles to champion best in class QMS Program across the organization to reduce lead times, increase quality, on-time delivery, and reduce cost.
- Communicates with various Government professionals in a manner that upholds high levels of expectations.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for all quality-related issues to include enforcement of Quality Control Plans, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and operations related to business/ contractual processes, integration, modification, maintenance, repair, and overhaul.
- Establish processes and procedures for maintaining high standards of quality, reliability, and safety.
- Determine and enforce – through functional groups – quality requirements in accordance with real program needs; based on current regulations.
- Responsible for implementation and maintenance of the company quality system, reporting on performance of the quality system for review and as a basis for improvement of the quality system.
- Work with company management to comply with ISO 9001 and PWS contract requirements, Plans, and tracks functional resources in direct support of the PM Office.
- Communicates a clear vision to ensure line of sight to functional goals for key functional participants.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected with minimum to no supervision, determines business function metrics and measures, and reports progress as directed.
- Provides technical support to the project manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be vaccinated in accordance with all Executive Orders, Government mandates or requirements, contractual requirements and company policy.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred with at least 5+ years of Quality or Safety Management related experience or at least 10+ years of Quality or Safety Management related experience. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Ability to read, interpret and technically discuss drawings, specifications, regulations applicable to military and civilian applications.
- Professional certification from the American Society for Quality (ASQ) in quality management and/or quality engineering is preferred.
- Current certifications in First Aid, CPR, OSHA, and 30-hour Construction Safety
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certified preferred.
- PMP certification preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of work management systems/software/programs (e.g., MAXIMO).
- Strong professional customer service skills, including active listening, prompt service and follow-up.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to work with all levels of Management and Supervisors.
- Must be able to handle sensitive information.
- Problem-solving skills using Quality Assurance industry techniques, tools, and resources.
- Experience conducting quality assurance (QA) surveillances or audits and techniques; analyzing data to identify negative trends; and recommending solutions for quality deficiencies.
- Microsoft Office software experience (MS Windows, MS Office, including PowerPoint, Word, Access, and Excel) required.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check.
- Positions requires use of a Company and/or Customer vehicle. As such, must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy.
- Must be able to perform On-call duties when scheduled and report to work within one hour of notification. Must be able to work alternate shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer, to include weekends and holidays.
- Duties will require frequent periods of sitting, standing, kneeling, walking, crouching, crawling, reaching, and balancing.
- Physically fit to bend, stoop, and lift in awkward positions and able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must possess the ability to work in a team or alone and be able to change jobs on short notice.
- Demonstrate leadership by modeling desired behaviors appropriate to the work environment and adhering to the company values, vision and operating principles.
- Perform all assigned duties in accordance with established policies, procedures, and directives.
- Display courtesy and skill in dealing with internal and external customers, coworkers, and management.
- Must communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Accurately maintain and update records to enable quick and efficient retrieval of information.
- Follow up on suspense items to ensure timely completion.
- Consistently produces quality products and services.
- Ability to work independently while maintaining quality performance.
- Perform all work in a safe and secure manner.
- Complete all training within the required timeline.
- Demonstrate dependability in all aspects of work.
- Must be able to carry out oral and written instructions in an acceptable manner.
- Resolve problems promptly with minimal adverse impact on the functional operation.
- Attend all formal and informal conferences, workshops, training, and seminars as deemed necessary by the supervisor or applicable to the position.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.