Subsidiary: T&H Services
Job Title: Custodial Lead (Temporary)
Job Location: Blackstone, VA
Labor Category: Non-Exempt | SCA
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The primary purpose of this position is to lead and coordinate the daily operation of assigned Custodial team in performance of a variety of custodial functions. Incumbent works closely with Supervisor/Manager to provide support through the coordination of laborer schedules and aid when required to facilitate a smooth workflow.
Work involves, but is not limited to, the following
- Duties may include performing unscheduled activities and notifying site manager of the need for servicing and additional cleaning.
- Monitoring teams cleaning crews cleaning building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing or vacuuming.
- Coordinate tasks according to priorities and plans
- Produce schedules and monitor attendance of crew
- Allocate general and daily responsibilities
- Supervise and train workers and tradespeople
- Ensure manpower and resources are adequate
- Guarantee all safety precautions and quality standards are met
- Supervise the use of machinery and equipment
- Resolve problems when they arise
- Ensuring quality work and correct practices
- Safely and efficiently operate vehicle for travel across project site to various facilities.
- Move equipment and supplies either manually or by using a hand truck.
- Perform equipment checks as required to ensure all equipment is properly maintained and in safe operating condition.
- Notates any repair or maintenance needed and notifies Site Manager of any deficiencies prior to operation.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- One (1) Year related construction or custodial experience preferred but not required.
- Previous experience in leadership role preferred providing the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the tasks successfully.
- Must possess the ability to work in a team, or alone, and be able to change jobs on short notice.
- Possess and demonstrate a courteous and positive attitude toward customers.
- Ability to follow policies, procedures and operating instructions.
- Demonstrated aptitude for successful completions of assigned tasks
- Must have endurance to perform repetitive tasks over long periods of time
- Must hold and maintain a valid state driver’s license. Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check.
- Must be able to work alternate shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer, to include weekends and holidays.
- Duties will require frequent periods of sitting, standing, kneeling, walking, crouching, crawling, reaching, and balancing. Physically fit to bend, stoop, and lift in awkward positions and able to lift up to 60 lbs.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.