Subsidiary: KIRA Training Services
Job Title: Cultural Resources Technician
Job Location: USAF Academy, CO
Labor Category: Exempt
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: Up to 25% of the time
Pay: $50,000 – $61,000/yr DOE
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
Candidate will have a passion for historic architecture, preferably Mid-Century Modern. Candidate will help USAFA comply with the National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA) with respect to its built environment, which includes buildings, structures, and a designed/planned landscape. USAFA contains a National Historic Landmark, the Cadet Area, a designed landscape containing buildings and additional resource types. As a functioning university and a military base, USAFA preserves the historic integrity of its significant resources while planning to accommodate changing mission needs and future modernization and development. Facilities need to accommodate changing technologies and requirements to meet Federal, and state codes and regulations.
The primary purpose of this position is to oversee the USAFA Cultural Resources Program. Responsibilities include:
- Ensure compliance with all applicable and current Department of Defense, Air Force, federal, state, and local requirements and laws.
- The candidate will help inform and guide projects and recommend ways that avoid adverse effects
- Maintain all cultural resources planning documents required by Air Force Instructions (AFIs) and Unified Facilities Criteria (UFCs) such as the Integrated Cultural Resources Management Plans (ICRMP).
- Implement the Cultural Resources Management (CRM) program to include the Cadet Area National Historic Landmark District, structures that are listed on or eligible for the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP), eligible or listed archaeological sites, historic buildings and districts, and properties of interest to Native Americans. USAFA’s historic sites include several hundred archeological sites and/or indigenous facilities.
- Coordinate and support all aspects of formal and informal consultations with federally recognized Native American tribes to include event coordination, scheduling, and conducting site visits.
- Prepare correspondence, which includes drafting packages for Section 106 consultation with Colorado State Historic Preservation Officer, National Park Service, and other stakeholders. Knowledge of identifying and defining the area of potential effect, the potential effects to historic properties, and recommendations of effects to historic properties is preferred.
- Prepare Statements of Work (SOW) and cost estimates that establish funding requirements and serve as a basis for negotiating Cultural Resources Service contracts.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must be vaccinated in accordance with all Executive Orders, Government mandates or requirements, contractual requirements, and company policy.
- Cultural Resources Program requirements shall be performed by personnel meeting the Secretary of the Interior's Professional Qualification Standards. In general, applicant must have an advanced degree in history, archeology, architecture, architectural history, historic architecture or related cultural resources field of study or a 4-year degree with specific work experience. See full requirement at https://www.nps.gov/history/local-law/arch_stnds_9.htm. Applicant architectural historic preservation experience/education is strongly desired.
- Experience in Modernist architecture, managing National Historic Landmark Districts, or providing cultural resources management for large campuses or military installations desired.
- Experience with GeoBase and ArcGIS is desirable.
- Knowledge of office automation software (MS Windows, MS Office, including PowerPoint, Word, Access, and Excel) required.
- Must possess the ability to work in a team or alone and be able to change jobs on short notice.
- Possess and demonstrate a courteous and positive attitude toward customers.
- Ability to follow policies, procedures, and operating instructions.
- Demonstrated aptitude for successful completions of assigned tasks
- Must possess strong organizational skills and a strong ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to successfully complete a National Agency Check with Inquiries (Tier 1) background check. Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check. For positions requiring use of a Company and/or Customer vehicle, must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy.
- Duties will require frequent periods of sitting, standing, kneeling, walking, crouching, crawling, reaching, and balancing. Physically fit to bend, stoop, and lift in awkward positions and able to lift up to 60 lbs.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.