Subsidiary: KIRA Government Service
Job Title: Crane Operator / Rigger
Job Location: Kennedy Space Services
Labor Category: Non-Exempt | CBA
Security Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. As a Native Alaskan, Tribally- Owned business, THTBC has a competitive edge unique in the US Federal Government contracting space, including access to US Government directed sole source contracts. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
Under the direction of the Heavy Equipment Supervisor, this position will assemble rigging to lift and move equipment or material in a manufacturing plan or aerospace facility that is highly secure yet user friendly and versatile; able to adapt with the evolving needs of the organization.
- Operate mobile hydraulic cranes and related heavy equipment (e.g. Aerial lifts, boom and articulating, forklifts larger than 16,000 lbs., and tractor trailers).
- Perform crane operations in proximity to or lifting flight hardware.
- Operate proof load test equipment in the testing of shackles and slings.
- Proof load cranes from 8.5 ton to 450 ton, and forklifts from 3,000 lbs. to 50,000 lbs. capacity.
- Proof load aerial lifts, boom and articulating.
- Assemble rigging to lift and move equipment / material.
- Selects cables, ropes, pulley, winches, blocks and sheaves according to weight and size of load to be moved, attach pulley and blocks to fixed overhead structures, such as beams, ceilings and gin pole booms with bolts / clamps.
- Attach load with grappling device such as loops, wires, ropes and chains to crane hook.
- Provide direction to Crane operator or hoisting engineer engaged in hoisting and moving loads to ensure safety of workers and material handling.
- Familiar with using hand signals, handheld radios, or telephone.
- Manages set up, braces and rigs hoisting equipment using power tools and hand wrenches, splices rope and wire cables.
- Must maintain security clearance, area permit(s), licenses, certifications, etc. required for performance of assigned tasks.
- Ability to interface with various levels of personnel in a multi-cultural, team- oriented environment.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations and management.
- Ability to follow specific detailed instructions
- Work with blueprints, schematics and documents
- Maintain logs and records, as required
- Work with computers (E.g. desktop, laptop, and I-Pad).
- Performs other related and / or associated duties as required.
- Adheres to safety regulations (e.g. OSHA, NASA, and employer)
- Must be vaccinated in accordance with all Executive Orders, Government mandates or requirements, contractual requirements and company policy.
- HS Diploma
- Experience in the operation of multiple types of mobile cranes to include friction and hydraulic cranes up to 450-ton capacity.
- NCCCO Crane Certification
- NCCCO Certification for Rigger/Signal person. (know and understand the type of hand signals used with crane operations)
- Possess FL issued class A CDL driver’s license
- Must be able to coordinate the people and equipment necessary to perform a hazardous lifting operation as well as give direction to ground crews.
- Must be able to perform proof load testing of various equipment, rigging and hardware adapters.
- Must be able to maintain certification on all equipment that is operated.
- Must adhere to all safety regulations.
• Must be able to meet the physical demands of the job including:
- Frequently lift-up to 30 pounds from ground level
- Walk up to six hours per day
- Bend, kneel, stoop up to six hours per day
- Work overhead with up to a minimum of a 20-pound load
- Work at heights
- Push / pull up to 25 pounds frequently throughout the day
- Walk up/downstairs frequently
- Stand up to six hours per day
- Climb ladders and scaffolding
- Wear PPE gear six hours continuously (steel toe shoes, hearing protection, safety glasses, hard hat, gloves)
- Tolerate outdoor extreme cold, heat, and humid conditions
- Knowledge of MAXIMO, Microsoft word, Outlook, Excel
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve complex issues.
- Ability to manage projects.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Good Communication skills
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.