Subsidiary: KIRA Aviation Services
Job Title: Cook II
Job Location: Fairfield, PA
Labor Category: Non-Exempt
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The primary purpose of the position is to independently prepare in large quantities, by various methods of cooking, meat, poultry, fish, vegetables, seasons and cooks all cuts of various meats, fish and poultry, boils, steams or fries vegetables, makes gravies, soups, sauces, roasts, meat pies, fricassees, casseroles, and stews.
- Participates in Hot and Cold Food Production, Recipe Compliance and assures adherence to Food Production, Service, Sanitation Standards.
- Plan a monthly menu to ensure variety for the three meals provided daily
- Ensures DFAC is clean and well maintained
- Provide reports and status updates
- Prepare and submit all deliverables Reports to the Lead, Food Service Manager, and Program Manager.
- Will be required to clean equipment and maintain sanitation standards.
- May be responsible for the preparation and serving of any aspect of the meals.
- Display good customer relation skills and take initiative to greet guests in a friendly manner.
- Other duties as assigned
- This position must have three (3) years of experience working in a commercial or military kitchen.
- Knowledge of Military (Tri – Service Food Code/TB Med 530) regulations and policies governing, at a minimum, food storage, preparation, and serving.
- Knowledge of AR 30-22, DA PAM 30-22, TM 4-41.11 and TM 4-41.12
- Must possess the ability to clean food preparation areas IAW MIL-STB-3006C. Licenses/Certifications: Must be capable of completing the certification training IAW the TB Med 530–Tri Service Food Code. Possess or be able to obtain ServSafe certification.
- Successful completion of training on the safe use of chemicals, understanding of manufacturer’s product labels, and information contained on material safety data sheets (MSDSs) IAW Title 29, Code of Federal Regulation Part 1910.1200 is required. Must demonstrate the ability to prepare food that is compliant with DoD 1338.10-M.
- Must satisfactorily complete medical clearance requirements.
- The worker must be able to endure the conditions of and be able to work in a commercial kitchen environment (extreme heat/cold etc.). Duties will require frequent periods of sitting, standing, kneeling, walking, crouching, crawling, reaching, and balancing. Physically fit to bend, stoop, and lift in awkward positions and able to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Requires periods of non-traditional working hours including consecutive nights or weekends when necessary.
- Fast paced, deadline-oriented environment.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid Disability, Basic Life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary Life and AD&D for dependents
- Vacation, Sick Time or PTO Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.