Subsidiary: KIRA Training Services
Job Title: Communications Technician III
Job Location: Key West, FL
Labor Category: Non -Exempt – Union
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Travel Requirement: 20%
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The Communications Technician III applies advanced technical knowledge to solve complex problems that typically cannot be solved solely by referencing manufacturers' manuals or similar documents. Examples of such problems include determining the location and density of circuitry, evaluating electromagnetic radiation, isolating malfunctions, and incorporating engineering; changes. Work typically requires an understanding of the interrelationships of circuits, exercising independent judgment in performing such tasks as making circuit analyses, calculating wave forms, and tracing relationships in signal flow, using complex test instruments such as high frequency pulse generators, frequency synthesizers, distortion analyzers, and complex computer control equipment. Work may be reviewed by supervisor for general compliance with accepted practices. This position may provide technical guidance to lower level technicians.
- Discusses layout and assembly procedures and problems with engineering personnel and draws sketches to clarify design details and functional criteria of electronic units.
- Develops wiring diagrams, layout drawings, and engineering specifications for system or equipment modifications or expansion.
- Recommends changes in circuitry or installation specifications to simplify assembly and maintenance.
- Plans, directs, and records periodic testing.
- Sets up standard test apparatus or devises test equipment and circuitry to conduct functional, operational, environmental, and life tests to evaluate performance and reliability.
- Analyzes and interprets test data.
- Adjusts, calibrates, aligns, and modifies circuitry and components and records effects on unit performance.
- Writes technical reports and develops charts, graphs, and schematics to describe and illustrate system's operating characteristics, malfunctions, deviations from design specifications, and functional limitations for consideration by engineers in broader determinations affecting systems design and laboratory procedures.
- Diagnoses cause of electronic or mechanical malfunction or failure of operational equipment and performs preventative and corrective maintenance.
- May assemble experimental circuitry or complete prototype model according to engineering instructions, technical manuals, and knowledge of electronic systems and components.
- May operate bench lathes, drills, or other machine tools to fabricate parts, such as coils, terminal boards, and chassis.
- Minimum 6 years in related field
- High School Diploma
- Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Secret clearance
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency –Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.