Subsidiary: KIRA Training Services
Job Title: Civil Engineer
Job Location: USAF, Academy
Labor Category: Exempt
Clearance Requirement: Public Trust
Travel Requirement: N/A
Pay: $72,000 – $82,000
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The primary purpose of this position is to execute design and construction projects at the U.S. Air Force Academy (USAFA) and auxiliary sites.
- Research, plan, prepare and administer design and construction projects.
- Apply knowledge of design principles, construction procedures and building codes.
- Consult with clients to determine functional and spatial requirements, project scope and scheduling for facility construction and renovation projects.
- Prepare statements of work, cost estimates, time schedules, and submittal registers in accordance with codes, directives, regulations and specifications.
- Conduct pre-bid site visits and respond to requests for information from contractors.
- Perform technical evaluations and reviews of project proposals and submittals.
- Serve as technical advisor to the client, government representatives, contracting, and operations.
- Prepare reports and presentations to explain the pros and cons of project alternatives.
- Complete in-house designs for small-scale projects.
- Analyze survey reports, traffic engineering studies, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, and other topographical or geologic data to manage projects.
- Plan and design piping systems (water, wastewater and stormwater), following construction and government standards using software and drawing tools as available.
- Compute grade requirements and water flow rates to determine storm water design details.
- Direct or participate in surveying to design piping installations and establish reference points, grades, and elevations to guide construction.
- Inspect project sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design specifications and safety or sanitation standards.
- Evaluate testing of soils and materials to determine the adequacy and strength of foundations, concrete, asphalt, or steel.
- Provide and prepare technical presentations regarding design, construction, or program modifications for managerial personnel.
- Review civil drawings for projects that are administered by other project managers.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must be vaccinated in accordance with all Executive Orders, Government mandates or requirements, contractual requirements, and company policy
- Have in-depth experience in civil engineering design, cost estimating, project management, and facilities maintenance.
- Experience with AutoCAD preferred. Experience with large academic buildings, athletic facilities, anti-terrorism/force protection, bridges, water distribution systems, wastewater systems, dams, roads, and pavements preferred.
- Experience in code compliance reviews, sustainable design, water distribution, wastewater collection and treatment, open storm water drainage, and pavements design/maintenance is preferred.
- Civil Engineers shall be degreed to perform responsibilities associated with facilities maintenance, design, and construction.
- Degree shall be a Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering (BSCE) from an ABET accredited university program.
- Registered Professional Engineer licensed in the State of Colorado is required, or registration in another state that can be transferred to Colorado within one (1) year.
- Must be well organized with extremely good time management skills.
- Must possess analytical abilities necessary to manage complex administrative, organizational, and contract matters.
- Knowledge of office automation software (MS Outlook, MS Office including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel) required.
- Must be able to successfully complete a National Agency Check with Inquiries (Tier 1) background check.
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check.
- For positions requiring use of a Company and/or Customer vehicle, must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy.
- Must possess the ability to work independently or in a team and be able to change priorities on short notice.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes
• Medical, dental, and vision coverage
• Hospital Indemnity Plan
• Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
• Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
• 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.