Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
KIRA Training Services
Rock Island Arsenal, Rock Island, IL
Non-Exempt | CBA
$33.25 (Rate will increase to $35.25 effective October 1, 2023)
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The Carpenter serves at the journeyman level and performs work using carpentry techniques and accepted trade methods. Work involves construction, alterations and repair of structural framework, wooden or manufactured material components of structures such as roofing, doors, windows, staircases, paneling, ceilings and interior and exterior trim.
- Plans and lays out work using blueprints, work orders and shop drawings.
- Determines materials, supplies and tools required for work specified.
- Performs precision measuring, cutting and fitting for closely joined materials to provide structurally sound units, weather-tight openings and desired finished appearance.
- Fabricates and installs fixtures such as cabinets, bookshelves and other types of wooden utility components of offices, shops and industrial facilities.
- Coordinates, as required, with other trades to ensure proper sequence of work in relation to overall plans, blueprints, work orders and schedules.
- May provide guidance and assistance to lower level workers, when required, on complicated projects or situations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma.
- Four year apprenticeship.
- Seven years of experience as a journeyman carpenter.
- Ability to safely set-up and operate common and special purpose power equipment and hand tools used in the trade shop or at work sites.
- Knowledge of advance shop mathematics to plan and execute complex and exact projects.
- Ability to estimate time and materials from blueprints, shop drawings and work orders.
- Knowledge of all shop requirements as temporary replacement during absence of shop leader.
- Possess basic knowledge of all other construction trades to facilitate efficient work accomplishment.
- Ability to operate JLG, Genie, truck under four tons and scissors lift.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain job related licenses, certifications etc. required by Federal, State, and local rules and regulations.
- Must have good communication skills and to be able to interact with customers and coworkers in a courteous, professional, and effective manner.
- Ability to interface with various levels of personnel in a multi-cultural, team- oriented environment
- Work independently and as part of a team.
- Must have good organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Must possess and maintain a valid State Driver’s License as required by the position.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to successfully complete pre-employment screening to include Motor Vehicle Record check.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Must be able to perform duties under adverse weather conditions (extreme cold / heat, etc.). Outside work in winter, summer, rain, sleet, and snow and on uneven terrain – side hills and slopes.
- Must be able to work alternate and extended shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer to include weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to perform on-call duties when and report to work within the required timeframe from notification.
- Duties will require frequent bending, stooping, squatting, crouching, crawling, climbing height 75 to 100 feet, kneeling and reaching above shoulder level.
- Duties will require frequent lifting, carrying and pushing up to 75 lbs., maximum lifting/carrying capacity per employee is 40 lbs.; team lifting, or mechanical means is required thereafter.
- Duties will require occasional work in confined spaces.
- Duties will require exposure to saw dust and fumes from glue.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid Short Term Disability, Basic Life and AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary Life, Long Term Disability, and AD&D for dependents
- Vacation, Sick Time and PTO Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.