Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
Building Maintenance Technician III
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The Building Maintenance Technician III performs skilled maintenance, repair and construction of buildings and equipment in one or more craft or trade; lead other Maintenance Technicians as necessary; work independently in advanced trades such as electrical, plumbing, steam fitter, electrical motor repair, welding and engine rebuilding.
Work involves, but is not limited to, the following:
- Perform a variety of skilled work in the maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment; prioritize, schedule, assign and coordinate the work of assigned staff to accomplish a wide variety of duties related to the building trades.
- Perform various refrigeration, plumbing and heating-related duties; cut, thread, assemble and lay pipe; assist in the purchase, installation, repair and maintenance of various plumbing, heating, and air conditioning fixtures; perform welding and metal fabrication; diagnose and repair electronic ignition systems for heaters, furnaces, and hot water heaters.
- Assist in the purchase, installation, maintenance and repair of electrical wiring and fixtures; perform troubleshooting to repair or replace fans and motors; perform repairs to motors, bells, clocks, and lighting circuits and to communication and audio-visual equipment.
- Estimate cost of labor and materials for work orders; obtain competitive prices for equipment and supplies needed.
- Perform skilled maintenance and repair on mechanical and electrical equipment; test and replace circuits; coordinate emergency repairs and large complex projects; troubleshoot and correct defective switches, receptacles, ballasts, and other wiring; perform routine mechanical and electrical maintenance.
- Operate a variety of equipment and machines including saws, drill presses and various hand and power tools to perform repair and maintenance work; maintain tools and equipment in a safe, clean, and proper working condition.
- Assure compliance with appropriate safety practices and procedures and with applicable federal, State, and local codes, regulations, and requirements.
- Maintain various records related to labor, materials, and work orders.
- Purchase tools, equipment, and materials; operate light trucks to pick up and deliver equipment and supplies.
- Maintain regular attendance.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- As a federal contractor, THTBC is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination and/or testing requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status and employment is conditioned on meeting all customer and contractual requirements.
- High School diploma or GED equivalency.
- Basic computer skills.
- Four years journey-level experience in one or more trades areas.
- Proven hands-on experience in the use and care of common hand tools.
- Must possess the ability to work in a team, or alone, and be able to change jobs on short notice.
- Possess and demonstrate a courteous and positive attitude toward customers.
- Ability to follow policies, procedures, and operating instructions.
- Knowledge of trade tools, equipment, materials, methods, and techniques used in skilled and general maintenance and repair involving at least one of the following: electrical, electronics, heating, and air conditioning, locksmithing, plumbing, carpentry, painting, or welding.
- Knowledge of technical aspects of field of specialty.
- Knowledge of proper methods of storing equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Ability to perform semi-skilled to unskilled maintenance work independently as instructed or assist skilled maintenance trades personnel
- Must have knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards, and standard safety practices.
- Ability to perform a wide variety of skilled journey-level work in the maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment.
- Ability to train and provide work direction to lower-level Maintenance Technicians.
- Ability to prioritize, schedule, assign and review work.
- Ability to interpret blueprints, shop drawings, sketches, and work orders to others.
- Ability to estimate labor and materials costs and make arithmetic calculations quickly and accurately.
- Ability to work independently with little direction and meet schedules and timelines.
- Ability to maintain routine records.
- Demonstrated aptitude for successful completions of assigned tasks.
- Must hold and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test, criminal record, and motor vehicle check.
- Must be able to work alternate shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer, to include weekends and holidays.
- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision, and hearing.
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations.
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching.
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push, or pull medium weights, up to 75 pounds
- Requires activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust, fumes, and gases.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid short term disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life, long term disability and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.