Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
Building Maintenance Technician I
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The Building Maintenance Technician I performs semi-skilled and unskilled maintenance, repair and construction of buildings and equipment in one or more craft or trade; assist other trades personnel as needed and work independently in trades such as painting, glazing and plastering.
Work involves, but is not limited to, the following:
- Perform a variety of maintenance and repair work independently as instructed or assist other skilled trade personnel to maintain buildings, facilities, and grounds in proper condition.
- Perform a variety of building maintenance duties including repairing carpeting, drapes, plaster, and drywall, repairing, or replacing air vents, screens, and barriers, replacing ceramic, ceiling and floor tile and performing minor or emergency roof repairs; remove and board broken windows.
- Maintain grounds, facilities and equipment including installing and repairing fences and signs.
- Repair, assemble, install, and assist in the construction of doors, partitions, furniture, counters, bulletin boards, chalk boards, shelving, and other items; set up for special events; move furniture.
- Perform cement work such as mixing, pouring, and finishing cement; patch asphalt and cement; lay and repair asphalt.
- Prepare surfaces for painting; apply finishes and coverings using brushes, rollers, spray equipment and cutters, as necessary.
- Perform routine maintenance and repairs on doorknobs, locks, hinges, closures, strike plates and panic bars.
- Maintain routine records related to maintenance activities.
- Operate a variety of equipment and machines such as trucks, saws, drills, sanders, pipe threaders, welding equipment and other hand and power tools; operate a forklift as required.
- Maintain regular attendance.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED equivalency.
- Basic computer skills.
- Two years general maintenance experience.
- Proven hands-on experience in the use and care of common hand tools.
- Must possess the ability to work in a team, or alone, and be able to change jobs on short notice.
- Possess and demonstrate a courteous and positive attitude toward customers.
- Ability to follow policies, procedures, and operating instructions.
- Knowledge of methods, equipment and materials used in maintenance and repair work, basic shop math and basic record-keeping techniques.
- Ability to perform semi-skilled to unskilled maintenance work independently as instructed or assist skilled maintenance trades personnel.
- Ability to operate a variety of maintenance equipment and machines including hand and power tools.
- Must have knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards, and standard safety practices.
- Demonstrated aptitude for successful completions of assigned tasks.
- Must hold and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test, criminal record, and motor vehicle check.
- Must be able to work alternate shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer, to include weekends and holidays.
- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision, and hearing.
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations.
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching.
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull medium weights, up to 75 pounds
- Requires activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust, fumes and gases.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid short term disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life, long term disability, and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.