Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
KIRA Training Services
Non-Exempt | CBA-USAFA
Full Time, Regular Shift
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
Tends one or more boilers to produce low-temperature water for buildings or processes. Fires boiler, observes and interprets readings on gauges, meters, and charts which register various aspects of boiler operation. Adjusts controls to ensure safe and efficient boiler operation to meet demands for high-temperature water. May also do one or more of the following: Maintain a log in which various aspects of boiler operation are recorded; clean, oil, make minor repairs or assist in repairs to boiler room equipment; following prescribed methods, treat boiler water with chemicals and analyze boiler water for such things as acidity, causticity, and alkalinity.
Fire boilers, observe and interpret readings on gauges, meters, and charts which register various aspects of boiler operation. Adjusts controls to ensure safe and efficient boiler operation to meet demands for high-temperature water.
- Maintain log in which various aspects of boiler operation are recorded
- Clean, oil, make minor repairs, or assist in repairs to boiler room equipment.
- Following prescribed methods, treat boiler water with chemicals and analyze boiler water for such things as acidity, causticity, and alkalinity.
- Install and maintain low- and high-pressure pipelines and equipment utilized in the distribution of high-temperature hot water. Maintain and repair of hot water boilers, and steam boilers. Determine the location of heating units, pumps, steam hot water tanks, pipe fabrications, etc., as specified by written or verbal instructions, sketches, and/or blue prints. Install low and high pressure assembles and bolts heating unit into place. Perform maintenance of hot water and steam boilers. Replace damaged and/or worn-out components as required by using hand tools or power tools and equipment. Observe boiler and auxiliary units to detect malfunctions and make repairs, such as changing burners and tightening pipes and fittings. Modify and maintain pipe systems and related machines and equipment required for the safe and efficient distribution of hot water/steam by cutting, welding, threading, and uniting pipe.
- Operate a centrally-controlled, computerized (EMCS) Energy Management Control System utilizing Siemens software. Monitor, troubleshoot, and adjust HVAC parameters in order to support HVAC craftsmen in adjusting HVAC systems during working and non-working hours. Provide information to Maintenance Workers – HVAC/Electrical, Mechanics, and Technicians utilizing alarm log and cold/hot calls from Production Control. Coordinates maintenance activities by ensuring that proper supervisors, skilled tradesmen, and/or technicians are contacted regarding maintenance needs. After power failures occur, incumbent monitors and assure that equipment is restarted to preclude excessive demand on HVAC systems failures causing downtime and related maintenance time denoting changes in building temperature.
- Respond to after-hour service calls as the Service Call Dispatcher for the USAF Academy utilities and various base-wide facilities such as roads, water, gas, electrical power outages, Fire Department, and the Security Forces Department. Service Dispatcher determines whether a service call meets the Emergency criteria and directs the activities of the On-Call craftsmen to perform the appropriate function. Maintains a detailed Service Call Incident Log for all issues to Production Control to enter into the work order system.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience with hands-on operation and control of pressure boiler vessels, low temperature water systems and associated delivery systems, heat plant operations to include monitoring, repair and preventive maintenance of associated systems and preventive maintenance operations.
- Knowledge of the proper operation of HVAC equipment.
- High school diploma or equivalent education or job training.
- Formal training in boiler operations preferred but not mandatory.
- Basic understanding of computers, Energy Management Systems.
- Demonstrated aptitude for successful completions of assigned tasks.
- Must possess strong organizational skills and a strong ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment handling multiple tasks in a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules under pressure of deadlines while maintaining acceptable performance standards.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards, and standard safety practices.
- and methods of operations.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Possess and demonstrate a courteous and positive attitude toward customers.
- Ability to follow policies, procedures, and operating instructions.
- Effective communication skills.
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Depending on the location and source of the problems, may be required to work not only indoors but outdoors as well as and in extreme conditions, confined spaces and at excessive heights.
- Duties will require frequent periods of sitting, standing, kneeling, walking, crouching, crawling, reaching, and balancing. Physically fit to bend, stoop, and lift in awkward positions and able to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Must be able to perform on-call duties when scheduled and report to work within one hour of notification.
- Must be able to work alternate shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer, to include weekends and holidays.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company Paid Short Term Disability, Basic Life, & AD&D
- Employee Paid Long Term Disability, Voluntary Life, and AD&D for dependents.
- Accrued Vacation and Sick time.
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.